Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next?

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We had a 9% increase in the price of New Holland loaders just this month. So it is starting to happen! )</font>

We just got a call from our sheet metal supplier!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Effective Immediately 10% increase in all sheet metal products. No warning at all or a chance to get one more order in. It's here and gas is following.

murph

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #12  
Steel Prices UP again $900+ for flat bar steel. It is 3+ times what the price was last year.

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #13  
World economy...
Gotta love it.... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Someone passes wind in Germany and it's felt in Antarctica... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #14  
Would not be surpised to see prices increase about 10% over the next year.

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #15  
<font color="blue"> Would not be surpized to see prices increase about 10% over the next year.

</font>

I think a 10% increase is way too conservative the way the market is fluctuating.

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #16  
You are probably right. I was hoping that 10% would be it, since I plan to buy a new tractor later year or next. If they have already raised NH loader prices by 10%, then seeing 20% to 25% increase may not be a stretch.

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #17  
Also fixed the spelling in my previous post.

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #18  
What is China doing with all the steel? Cars?

Steve

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is China doing with all the steel? Cars?)</font> Don't shop much do you? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Have you seen all the stuff that is coming from China? Tools tools tools and a LOT of steel products. They (Chinese) are where we were years ago when we were making all those saws, drills, hammers, axes, hatchets, impact wrenches etc. But now, they can sell them much cheaper than they can be made in the USA. John

/ Rising steel prices!! Are tractor prices next? #20  
China is using the steel on durable goods and their infrastructure. Prices are just like this if a baler weighs 4,000 LBS then it will go up $1,000 to $1,200.