Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #1  

HarleyBoy13

Tractor
Mahindra
So I'm ready to pull the plug on a new Mahindra. My local dealer who I've done a fair amount of business with buying parts for my JD mower doesn't have a 26 in stock and can't tell me when he will get one. He estimates 3-4 weeks. He tells me it is a little beefier than the Max24 and by looking at the spec sheets the only real difference I can see is the lifting capacity of the loader with the 24 rating 900lbs and the 26 1402lbs. My question is do you all think it's worth the wait and will I notice the difference? Less than $2,000.00 difference.

FYI, I have 5 acres which is flat, two horses who poop none stop, a gravel driveway that is 225 yards long. I will need to be replacing fencing in the near future. I will be purchasing a brush hog and box scraper along with the tractor.

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #2  
So I'm ready to pull the plug on a new Mahindra. My local dealer who I've done a fair amount of business with buying parts for my JD mower doesn't have a 26 in stock and can't tell me when he will get one. He estimates 3-4 weeks. He tells me it is a little beefier than the Max24 and by looking at the spec sheets the only real difference I can see is the lifting capacity of the loader with the 24 rating 900lbs and the 26 1402lbs. My question is do you all think it's worth the wait and will I notice the difference? Less than $2,000.00 difference.

FYI, I have 5 acres which is flat, two horses who poop none stop, a gravel driveway that is 225 yards long. I will need to be replacing fencing in the near future. I will be purchasing a brush hog and box scraper along with the tractor.

Max26 for tire size and capacity. I have Max 28 and wish loader was stronger curl wise and that the macine had more weight larger front tires. Max 24 is good for suburban large yard, not Farm type work.

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26
mike thanks for the feedback. After reading your reply and talking with others I did decide to go with the Max26. Taking delivery Saturday and I can't wait!
Thanks again,
Jim

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #4  
My parents live in Newberg! Congrats on the new tractor.

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #5  
mike thanks for the feedback. After reading your reply and talking with others I did decide to go with the Max26. Taking delivery Saturday and I can't wait!
Thanks again,
Jim

I'm confused . . .didn't you just say it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get the Max26 ??

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #6  
I'm confused . . .didn't you just say it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get the Max26 ??

The dealer probably had previously told him 3-4 weeks as a worst case scenario all the while hoping HarleyBoy couldn't wait that long so he could sell him the Max24 he already had sitting on the lot. Seems plausible to me.

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #7  
The dealer probably had previously told him 3-4 weeks as a worst case scenario all the while hoping HarleyBoy couldn't wait that long so he could sell him the Max24 he already had sitting on the lot. Seems plausible to me.

But he tells us he bought the max26. ???

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #8  
Sorry, pressed for time, I guess I didn't explain myself well.

The dealer probably had previously told him 3-4 weeks as a worst case scenario on the Max26 (appears it actually took much less than that) all the while hoping HarleyBoy couldn't wait 3-4 weeks so he could sell him the Max24 he already had sitting on the lot (as it turns out HarleyBoy didn't bite on the Max24 and chose to wait but didn't have to wait on the Max26 as long as he was initially told). Dealers typically want to sell what they have on hand and push that, which is understandable. The 3-4 week wait time he was told on the Max26 could have been intended simply to entice HarleyBoy to buy the Max24 they had on hand. Here I find myself having to go into more detail on speculation so I wish I had not gotten in to it. I could have it all wrong.

/ Mahindra Max 24 or Max 26 #9  
Have you had a chance to try out the Max26 yet?