Loader Operation on compacts

/ Loader Operation on compacts #1  

jdawg1

Tractor
LS G3033
Hey all,
First post here. Beginning my search for a 32-39 HP tractor with loader for tilling, spreading, spraying and occasional loader/pallet work.
Would really like to know which makes of tractors in this range have loaders that can both curl and lift at the same time (if any)?
I am sure I would get use to single action loader work but I never owned a tractor before and all the ones I have used in the past had dual operation buckets.
Thanks for your help guys. Be posting soon to seek help making a final selection. So far narrowed down to JD 3032e, LS XR3037HST, Kioti CK35HST and Kubota MX series if budget permits. Open to slightly used models too.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #2  
My Kubota L3200 can multitask, but the Montana at work cannot.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #3  
Hey all,
First post here. Beginning my search for a 32-39 HP tractor with loader for tilling, spreading, spraying and occasional loader/pallet work.
Would really like to know which makes of tractors in this range have loaders that can both curl and lift at the same time (if any)?
I am sure I would get use to single action loader work but I never owned a tractor before and all the ones I have used in the past had dual operation buckets.
Thanks for your help guys. Be posting soon to seek help making a final selection. So far narrowed down to JD 3032e, LS XR3037HST, Kioti CK35HST and Kubota MX series if budget permits. Open to slightly used models too.

Good question! if all you do is go by the spec sheets, you'd never know anything about details like that. Can't comment about the other machines, but the Kubota MX loader would do that easily. I have an earlier model of the same loader and often use a lift/curl action to move pallets of goods to/from a storage loft. For that matter, even the loader on my little BX can do that (although it's too small to handle a pallet ). Spend some time actually operating any model you're considering to see what it does and how it feels.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #4  
:welcome:
To TBN JDawg. With most manufactures 0% financing it is easy to get a new one if desired.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #5  
All the tractors I have owned can use both functions at the same time (Kioti, LS, Massey) however, the loader on my buddies Kubota L3540 is much smoother at doing both functions together.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #6  
Depends on the style of control valve and also proficiency of the operator.

Some tractors have a series / parallel directional valve where the flow from the lift cylinders is fed down stream to the curl cylinders. This style of valve makes doing dual movements easier. (I believe Kubota has this style on some of their models)

Other style of valve is parallel only. Here the operator must feather both controls to obtain dual movements. Control Depends on how well the spools meter & skill of the operator.

Style used on the Kubota BX and also my Branson.

Last edited:
   / Loader Operation on compacts #7  
All of those machines are capable of it, but they aren't self-leveling so you have to find the sweet spot between lift and curl with the joystick. I can't think of any machines in this general size that have a self-leveling loader, but somebody might offer one.

If you can swing the price of the smallest MX (4900) that would bump you up in size for the LS and Kioti as well. You could go up to an XR4046 or NX4510 and spend less than what you would for the MX4900. I don't know why Kubota insists on sticking with the FEL controls mounted to the loader frame, but it's nowhere near as convenient as having the controls on the fender. It can be tiring hanging your arm up in the air for extended loader work, and it's harder to be precise that way. The joystick is also in the way if you want/need to get on or off the tractor from the right side.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #8  
Iv read that the LS has dual function but when I tried out the xr3037 it didn't seem to have it. That was one thing I was bummed out about campared to my last Kubota.

/ Loader Operation on compacts #9  
Iv read that the LS has dual function but when I tried out the xr3037 it didn't seem to have it. That was one thing I was bummed out about campared to my last Kubota.

It DOES have it... Just takes lots of practice. The valve system Kubota uses is much better with the dual function.

Last edited:
   / Loader Operation on compacts #10  

As TSO mentioned, the LS does have the capability, but you have to learn where the sweets spot is...after a while you don't really think about it, but it would be nice if it was easier to find.