Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #12  
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #13  
i am just going to toss you into "confusion" err the deep end....

there are a few companies out there that make, rear blade, box blade, snow blower, even buckets, and like for "fork lift machines" most of the stuff slides right on over the forks like a pallet and away you go on the fork lift. other words multi companies out there need forklifts for common day to day stuff. and instead of getting a new tractor or something, it more likely easier for them to get a couple implements for the forklifts that they already have.

==================
some initial things i think about.... is a forklift is able to turn on a dime and get into nice small locations for both loading and unloading. vs a tractor or larger machine.

with above in mind a "skid steer" larger unit might work for you. but you are looking at the larger skid steers out there... for example...
Bobcat Skid-Steer Loaders - Bobcat Company (down at bottom of page there is a film strip showing max lift for various units use the arrow to scroll to the right)

==================
www.power-trac.com different type of machine all together. were everything connects to the front. and kinda a cross between regular tractor and skid steer. (wouldn't mine owning one of these)

==================
www.tractorhouse.com = agirculture tractors
www.machinerytrader.com = industrial equipment (sister site of tractor house)
SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more = search multi cities of craiglist .org at one time.

==================
about only thing left out from what others have noted.... is buying a deck over trailer, and making sure leaf springs set on top of the axle. ((in attempt to give more ground clearance)) so you could pull a trailer up and down the area. you might need a couple trailers. one to haul the fork lift, other to move goods

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #14  
I had a 3 point forklift on a MF 240.

You have to have a hydraulic top link to change the angle of the forks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3310010.JPG
    P3310010.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,343
  • P3310013.JPG
    P3310013.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,417
  • P3310015.JPG
    P3310015.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 2,668
  • P4210003.JPG
    P4210003.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 1,210
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #15  
It will take more than just rear forks to lift a ton.

TractorData.com New Holland T1520 tractor information

3-Point Hitch:
Rear Type: I
Rear lift (at 24"/610mm): 1,635 lbs [741 kg]

Bruce

Yep. I read that TractorData.com data on the T1520 also. That's why I recommended that the OP keep that NH tractor and get a used tractor without a FEL that fits his budget and use the 3-pt hitch forks on it, not on the T1520.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1
And keep in mind that routine deliveries are over 2,000 lbs. Closer to 2,100. Non routine - I have filled orders that weighed in the 2,500 lb range so I've had to lift those onto a truck.

Even with a rear mounted forklift, it looks like the T1520 is too small for the job. The load is 2100 lbs plus you have to add the weight of the attachment, plus there's no hydraulic top link. So we are into either replacing the T1520 and firklift with something bigger than can do both jobs or replacing the forklift with something that can traverse the steep gravel driveway.

chim - those lifts are nice. I was looking to get one, but have not been able to find one even close to me and it would have to be close to an even swap with my forklift. There was 1, but it was around 50 years old.

The power-tracs look very cool, but for the price I'd get the used TN75, save money and have something I can resell if I need to.

The all terrain pallet jacks are nice but don't work for me since I need something to carry the load up a steep gravel driveway. Even if I tow it with my T1520, there's a very real risk of it toppling over. The height of the pallet is close to 8 feet and before you ask, it's in heavy-duty shrink wrap and all 1000+ bottles are "loose", as in they are not in boxes of 12 so it's not feasible to break down the pallet and transport the bottles separately for a lighter load.

Skid steer is something I keep tossing around in my head as a possible option. Common, easy to find used and easy to find parts. Can find one that will lift the load I need. I'd have to buy another 74" snowblower but it seems to be just as versatile. I am concerned with maneuvering with a load since these tend to be jumpy due to the skid steering though.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #19  
Memento, you might want to consider a used truck mount forklift. We have three here on the farm. The first two were purchased new when the economy was good as good used was almost non existent. When the economy dropped I picked up a third one used for $4500. I use it around the maintenance yard. It also goes out on rent two or three times a year for a couple of rock concerts and a beer festival. It's already paid for itself a couple of times over. Wish I could say the same for the other two machines. :( These are 5000# machines which would work fine for you. View attachment 436495

View attachment 436500

View attachment 436499 Terry

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #20  
Last edited: