Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #1  

memento

I'm a happy owner of a NH T1520, bought new a few years ago. 74" woods snowblower, blx blade, loader, forks (quick attach, not bolt-onto-bucket) all get good use. The only problem is that the forks can't lift most of my deliveries (bought the tractor before starting the winery). I get pallets of bottles that weight anywhere from 1500 lbs to over 2000 lbs. So I picked up a nice used forklift. The only problem with IT is that it can't traverse the driveway down to the road (several hundred feet of steep gravel) and tractor trailers can't make it up the driveway. I always request short trucks for deliveries, but it's a major hassle 80% of the time and I'm tired of it. I want 1 machine that can lift 2100lbs or more and handle tractor duties.

So I've been looking at larger used tractors. 65-90HP or so I think, but that's a league I've not ventured into before. Are there any brands that are great value for the dollar? Anything I should avoid at this size? I know I can't afford new, so I'm talking about the used market.

thanks!

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #2  
If your current tractor suits your needs other than lifting it would be cheaper to get an all terrain forklift.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1
I have not had luck searching for a telehandler at a decent price near me (I can find one on ebay for $15k but add $3k for shipping). I can get $5000 tops for the forklift so that still leaves $10k to finance. I managed to find just now a TN75 4WD near me for just under $17k (no loader). I can sell both machines for say $5k and $12k and break even. I'd only have to come up with a couple thousand for the loader. All terrain forklifts are just not that common to find a deal on one close to me.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #4  
If unloading pallets is the only reason for upgrading something like this would work, but you would have to keep your current tractor. It might be a fun project to build one. View attachment 436346 Well, it appears the form is still screwed up, and won't let me upload a picture.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #5  
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #6  
I wouldn't use a tricycle, but something like the one in the last link wouldn't be hard to build. Can you get a backhoe subframe for your tractor? I have a backhoe subframe on my Kubota L3240, and I could easily modify an old forklift mast to fit it. The hardest part would be hooking it up because I rely on the backhoe hydraulics to get it lifted up.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1
now we're talking! I had no idea those lifts existed. I'd have to contact them to see if they can lift the weight I need using my tractor. These are all on larger tractors than my T1520 but if it lifts, it's good. Although I don't have rear hydraulics. The Edwards lift has some specs and it looks like I would need a large unit. I'm not able to build anything due to the time it would take me. All my free time is either family or winery as it is.

Edwards Equipment

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #8  
I would definitely put it on the back of your tractor. The back axel is much stronger. The front loader already is the max load on the front axle

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #9  
There are also 3 point or towed pallet forks with wheels, so you can carry more than the tractor will lift. Unload the large truck at the bottom of the hill with your forklift, then carry it up the driveway with one of these on your tractor.

Some have handles, others have a towing tongue.

All terrain pallet truck

------------

How about a flatbed trailer behind your tractor to move the pallet up the hill?

Bruce

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #10  
With limited budget and looking for a used tractor, keep the NH tractor and consider doing your lifting work with the 3-point hitch and a fork lift implement. AgriSupply has one with 2000 lb lift for $180.

Pallet Forks, Pallet Fork, 3 Point Pallet Forks | Agri Supply, 72511, 3 Pt Palle

Doing it this way you avoid the cost of an FEL for used tractor. That will give you a lot more options for finding a used tractor in your price range.

Good luck