Buying Advice Concerns about used Ford 1320 - what to look for

/ Concerns about used Ford 1320 - what to look for #1  

fishbones

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
New tractor owner here looking for some seasoned advice.
I have been trying to find a 20-30hp tractor on craiglist for sometime now FEL, 4x4 with no luck.
I came across a Ford 1320 Hyrdo with 2050 hours on it, newer King Kutter 4' tiller and rear blade for 7k.
Tractor did not smoke but seemed like it had not been kept up with. The owner said all he had done is change the oil.
I noticed some FEL lines leaking, the FEL leaks down slowly, 3 point stays up I am told. The owner said he tried to haul logs with the FEL and it was to heavy so he used a boom and it was to heavy so he went to a 35HP new unit.
I am concerned he overworked this tractors hydraulics. I also noticed some leaking inside the front hubs. tractor seems to start and run good with no smoke.
I am hesitant to pull the trigger because I have the feeling it was not taken care of.
Any pre-purchase advice appreciated. I am to the point where I am so afraid of getting a junk tractor that I am thinking of buying a brand new Kioti CK2510 for 14,200.

Many thanks in advance from a novice at best.

Here is a link.

tractor loader

/ Concerns about used Ford 1320 - what to look for #2  
If it's the 1320 that descended from the 1300 they are solid units. If it gets 20hp it is barely doing so and 17 is what they claim at the PTO. If you are talking about residual grease on the front axle housing (looks like a ball) that is normal. Parts are getting more challenging to obtain. The tiller is worth a thousand so basically you're getting a tractor, 4WD with FEL for 6k. If the tires look good it sounds very reasonable.

/ Concerns about used Ford 1320 - what to look for
Thanks Fawken, It was wet all around the front axle where it meets the Hub. I am concerned as well about the 17hp PTO. I have read these run a 4 ft tiller ok and besides that I mostly want it to clear some small trails and food plots using a 4' brush hog.

/ Concerns about used Ford 1320 - what to look for #4  
I've got an 1100 which I have had for 32 years. The "claimed" PTO HP on it is supposed to be 11 HP, but I have always wondered how it seems so much more powerful than that. It pulls a 5' Hico brush mower, runs a 44" County Line tiller, has built and maintained a 1400' semi-private road for 32 years, and easily handles a 5' back hoe. Yes, I go real slow with the tiller in this black clay, asphalt soil, but it gets the job done.