i've been watching you

/ i've been watching you #1  

smokin aces

Tractor
2016 Branson 4520- BH76 backhoe
i'm new. been soaking up all the valuable info on tractors you guys have to offer, really good . I don't have a tractor, but thats gonna change, next May, cause next April will be my last payments on two Subaru's . been wishing for a tractor for 30 years. always getting derailed, but not this time. i'm starting now so when the time comes, i'll know just what i want. i'm in middle to s east TN. and there are lots of dealers within a 75 mile radius, i'm close to Alabama and Georgia. my nearest city is Chattanooga where Mahindra lives, branson lives about 65 miles down in Rome, GA. plus lots of all the other brands. its mind bogglin . I went by the Mahindra dealer in chatt. just to look. and the sales guy loaded me up in his pickup and took me a few miles to ***/ ditribution plant. my god, there were tractors stacked two high as far as the eye could see. all the models of all the brands is a lot to figure out. I have a ton of questions. I know for sure i want a minimum of 35hp but want 45 to 50hp must have fel and bkho, 4wd, shuttle. not to keen on hst. other attch. i can borrow. the trouble with dealers in chatt. is they wont deal. and that seems to be any . cars, atv's, boats, cycle's. they charge full msrp. thats the price take it or leave it. so i end up in Al. GA. had to go to Atlanta to get deal on Subaru, Alabama for atv. and the Mahindra dealer no diferent msrp take it or leave it. as it turns out a friend of mine knows the owner of the assembly plant since he was a little boy, and says he can get me a deal. he just had a big case cab tractor burn to the ground caus of that new exaust thing and another had his barn and tractor burn to the ground whats up with that? the guy at Mahindra said Mahindra don't use it. plus there a big exspensive pain in the butt. have to be cleaned all the time, 3,500 to replace when they go bad. can any one explain all that? ok tired of typeing. hunt and peck, letters keep changing places. till tomorrow.

/ i've been watching you #2  
:welcome: to TBN! Hope your plans don't get derailed. Avoid the dentist office. That's what hit me this year. It's always something. Went in in March for a root canal and crown (canine tooth). Dentist puts crown on and it's 3 shades whiter than all my other, old teeth. So they talked me into getting them all done whiter, and straighter, and more rounded and younger looking. $1600 went to $10k. Oh well, at least I'll look happy.:laughing:

/ i've been watching you #3  
I'm about 45 min west of the TN river in the southern part of TN. I've got 2 Kubota dealers within 30min drive from the house. About 3 years ago I was in the market for a L series and ended up driving all the way to centre, al to Sneed tractors. They were about 4k cheaper than the dealers closest to me and refused to come down on their prices. Might check them out. They seemed more interested when I told them I had cash in hand.

As far as a HST transmission if you plan on doing a lot of FEL work I'd highly recommend you reconsider. By far the greatest thing to have on a tractor if you don't do much field work. But to each is their own. Good luck

/ i've been watching you #4  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to the pricing and comparisons section. It looks like you have a big decision to make. :)

/ i've been watching you
I was told the HST looses power after about 6-8 years. and i just feel better about direct gears instead of hydrolic motors.

/ i've been watching you
I will be doing a lot of digging and grading steep drive ways. i got to dig up 1700 feet of water line. plus root bound septic line. dig a footing for a cabin. just finishing up a homemade bandsaw mill and will be moveing logs, some bush hogging. not really any farming type work.

/ i've been watching you
thankyou Catherine, never been on a forum before have no idea what i'm doing. also if you could correct my spelling that would be a big help. Mike

/ i've been watching you #8  
I was told the HST looses power after about 6-8 years. and i just feel better about direct gears instead of hydrolic motors.

I'm sure if you search the forums you won't find many complaints about the hydro trans. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get serval thousand hours of use out of a hydro. I've never heard of any losing power after a few years. Preventative maintenance is key.

/ i've been watching you
there's some Branson and LS and TYM dealers in N. GA. advertizing package deals with fel's and bshhogs, box scrapers. on a flatbed trailer, with a 35 hp engine and 0% for 84 months from anywhere 15to24K I'm gonna take a good look at.

/ i've been watching you
I'm all about maintenance, i do all my own wrenching on every thing i have, don't like anybody messing with my stuff. to many horror storys to many jacklegs.