Looking for a second tractor, low budget

/ Looking for a second tractor, low budget #11  
Unless it is an SOS transmissioned ford 3000,4000 They Do have independent PTO...

True sir. I forgot. I had one, a 4000D 4 cyl. As a matter of fact the cable broke on it, the PTO activator cable, and I had to pop the tranny cover to re-attach it. Luckily I got-r-done. I gave it to my son after about a year of ownership, well used at the time, and he gave it back. Then there was a guy down the road that helped me do some fencing and I gave it to him. Don't know what he did with it. I did like the 10 speeds but "I wanted a stick shift....Waaaaaaa"; my first Ford of the size. Really I was afraid of it in that the last SOS mechanic around here had died years earlier and I had the band adjustment screw tops down even with the lock nuts....bands on their last leg. Never been into a planetary gear setup and didn't want to learn.......adding to the question "can I get repair parts".

/ Looking for a second tractor, low budget #12  
I just bought an 83 Ford 4610 SU couple months ago. The tractor was a 2 owner with 2900 hours. No major issues. Had to replace a fuel sending unit. I just put a ROPS on it. Runs like a champ. No smoke, blow-by or leaks. Retired farmer used it to pull a rake. He really serviced it well. Straight clean older tractor. Got it for 5K.

/ Looking for a second tractor, low budget #13  
True sir. I forgot. I had one, a 4000D 4 cyl. As a matter of fact the cable broke on it, the PTO activator cable, and I had to pop the tranny cover to re-attach it. Luckily I got-r-done. I gave it to my son after about a year of ownership, well used at the time, and he gave it back. Then there was a guy down the road that helped me do some fencing and I gave it to him. Don't know what he did with it. I did like the 10 speeds but "I wanted a stick shift....Waaaaaaa"; my first Ford of the size. Really I was afraid of it in that the last SOS mechanic around here had died years earlier and I had the band adjustment screw tops down even with the lock nuts....bands on their last leg. Never been into a planetary gear setup and didn't want to learn.......adding to the question "can I get repair parts".

I hear ya... Luckily my 3000s SOS had been re done by the ford dealership for the original owner and had the $1800 parts and labor receipt.
If it dies it will either sit or i will have to find an 8 speed with a trashed engine- But so far with oil and filter changes it has been great. Knock on wood.
I would get the Massey
I have heard certain parts even for the newer SOSs are no longer available