From Orange to Green

/ From Orange to Green #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
After much agonizing and a considerable amount of seat time in both, I chose the John Deere 4044R with cab over the Kubota L4060HSTC. The tractors were equals in most ways, and at first I was pretty certain I would be getting my fifth Kubota because the dual speed lever was just so darned useful when going up hills with my current L3240HST. But the extra HP (43 vs 30) really made it a moot point.

In the end, as is often the case, it came down to the dealer. The Kubota salesman was utterly unfamiliar with his product. He didn't know the controls, how to change the display settings, or even where the various filters were located. He also watched me like a hawk during the test drives. The Deere salesman was totally familiar with his product, and walked me thru it in a way that had me comfortable with the differences between it and what I had used in the past. He also directed me up a steep hill and gave directions to a logging road so I could test drive it in conditions like those I have at home.

In a couple of weeks I'll take delivery of my first green machine. I'm sure I'll enjoy that cab this winter!

/ From Orange to Green #2  
Congratulations, I'm sure it will serve you well.

/ From Orange to Green #3  
Nice!

/ From Orange to Green #5  
Congratulations, Mate.

The right dealership makes all the difference when it comes to your investment.

Enjoy.

/ From Orange to Green #6  
Congratulations and we want pics when you get it.:thumbsup:

/ From Orange to Green #7  
After much agonizing and a considerable amount of seat time in both, I chose the John Deere 4044R with cab over the Kubota L4060HSTC. The tractors were equals in most ways, and at first I was pretty certain I would be getting my fifth Kubota because the dual speed lever was just so darned useful when going up hills with my current L3240HST. But the extra HP (43 vs 30) really made it a moot point.

In the end, as is often the case, it came down to the dealer. The Kubota salesman was utterly unfamiliar with his product. He didn't know the controls, how to change the display settings, or even where the various filters were located. He also watched me like a hawk during the test drives. The Deere salesman was totally familiar with his product, and walked me thru it in a way that had me comfortable with the differences between it and what I had used in the past. He also directed me up a steep hill and gave directions to a logging road so I could test drive it in conditions like those I have at home.

In a couple of weeks I'll take delivery of my first green machine. I'm sure I'll enjoy that cab this winter!

Congrats, I think you will like the extra power , enjoy the new machine:thumbsup:

/ From Orange to Green #8  
Congratulations on a nice upgrade! You'll savor that cab as well as the step up in power. Looking forward to a photo or two.

Having a good dealer experience indeed means a lot for most people.

/ From Orange to Green #9  
Good for that dealer and good for Deere having them onboard. Congratulations on a nice machine.

/ From Orange to Green #10  
traitor!

j/k ... enjoy your shiny new green toy