mahindra 2555 shuttle

/ mahindra 2555 shuttle #1  
Tractor
none
Brand new here . Just looking to see anyone has any real world info or opinions on the Mahindra 2555 shuttle open station tractor . Looking real hard at this particular machine and would like to see if anyone can give me some real world feedback. Thanks in advance for any information .

/ mahindra 2555 shuttle #2  
Hi there,

I'm new here as well, and just purchased my first tractor this spring. The Mahindra 2555 Shuttle.

I've got almost 50 hours on it already, and primarily use it for general logging/clearing land. I had hooks mounted on the bucket and this thing easily lifts 8' maple 24" logs to my log pile. I also use it to carry large rocks. It has never grunted or groaned with anything I've thrown at it. It has a surprisingly good turn radius.

I purchased the 75B Backhoe installed and it's a beefy hoe. Mechanical thumb makes grabbing and lifiting/moving piles of brush a snap. I have done limited digging, so far only to dig out some stumps. I haven't tried and stumps larger than about 12" yet. but it does have great power.

a month ago I purchased my first implement (a WoodMax 8" Chipper) for brush. So, after figuring out how to remove the backhoe (it's frame mounted) and installing the 3 point hitch, I got it working. I believe the manual says there is about 42hp at the PTO at 540 rpm. It doesn't even blink when chipping the largest branches. I'll probably put the backhoe back on for the winter.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Paid about $37k with the bucket and backhoe, ag tires.

My only complaints so far is that it is loud! (though I don't have anything to compare it to), and the manual is "adequate" but could be better written IMO.

I have almost 50 hours on it, so time for its first service. We shall see how that turns out $$$.

Karl

/ mahindra 2555 shuttle
Hi there,

I'm new here as well, and just purchased my first tractor this spring. The Mahindra 2555 Shuttle.

I've got almost 50 hours on it already, and primarily use it for general logging/clearing land. I had hooks mounted on the bucket and this thing easily lifts 8' maple 24" logs to my log pile. I also use it to carry large rocks. It has never grunted or groaned with anything I've thrown at it. It has a surprisingly good turn radius.

I purchased the 75B Backhoe installed and it's a beefy hoe. Mechanical thumb makes grabbing and lifiting/moving piles of brush a snap. I have done limited digging, so far only to dig out some stumps. I haven't tried and stumps larger than about 12" yet. but it does have great power.

a month ago I purchased my first implement (a WoodMax 8" Chipper) for brush. So, after figuring out how to remove the backhoe (it's frame mounted) and installing the 3 point hitch, I got it working. I believe the manual says there is about 42hp at the PTO at 540 rpm. It doesn't even blink when chipping the largest branches. I'll probably put the backhoe back on for the winter.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Paid about $37k with the bucket and backhoe, ag tires.

My only complaints so far is that it is loud! (though I don't have anything to compare it to), and the manual is "adequate" but could be better written IMO.

I have almost 50 hours on it, so time for its first service. We shall see how that turns out $$$.

Karl

Thanks for the info. I actually made my purchase this past Friday and hope to have it delivered tomorrow (9/8). I've had the dealer install a 3rd function valve on the loader so I could use a grapple bucket and hopefully one day a front mount auger . Sounds like you've got a nice machine . I hope to get as good of service as you have so far out of mine . Thanks again for the info. Best of luck with that first service .

/ mahindra 2555 shuttle #4  
Be sure and come back and post some pics when you get it.

/ mahindra 2555 shuttle
I'll do my best . I had hoped to have delivery yesterday but the control switch for the 3rd function remote was missing and the dealer had to order a new one , I've been promised a delivery tomorrow, we'll see what happens. Getting a little anxious waiting for my new baby. Lots of work to do.