Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #21  
On MF you can also talk to Vahrenberg in Higginsville. Good people, good selection. Just make sure Doug is working.

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H
On MF you can also talk to Vahrenberg in Higginsville. Good people, good selection. Just make sure Doug is working.

I did call them. I think I talked to the dad he said I should call back next week when his son is around. He knows the MF better than he does :)

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #23  
I looked at most of the brands and what sold me was the 2 speed HST the Kubota has. I couldn't get a real feel for it at the dealership but I felt like it might be worthwhile. I didn't realize just how much I would use it but now I wouldn't buy a tractor without it. Being able to drop down to low range when getting a load of soil and then going back to high to drive to where I want it without stopping, shifting to low, scoop, stop, shift to high, then drive is just a nice feature. When grading the driveway and the scraper starts to load up it just takes a flick of a lever and now you have plenty of power. Most people get HST because it's so much nicer than shifting a geared tractor, why wouldn't you want to take it to the next step and be able to "shift" without letting off the HST pedal?

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #24  
I looked at most of the brands and what sold me was the 2 speed HST the Kubota has. I couldn't get a real feel for it at the dealership but I felt like it might be worthwhile. I didn't realize just how much I would use it but now I wouldn't buy a tractor without it. Being able to drop down to low range when getting a load of soil and then going back to high to drive to where I want it without stopping, shifting to low, scoop, stop, shift to high, then drive is just a nice feature. When grading the driveway and the scraper starts to load up it just takes a flick of a lever and now you have plenty of power. Most people get HST because it's so much nicer than shifting a geared tractor, why wouldn't you want to take it to the next step and be able to "shift" without letting off the HST pedal?

I'll second that. The high/low of the hst+ is very handy.

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H
I guess it would be nice but after playing around on an MF 174Xp this weekend I really liked it. My LS dealer called to follow up and I brought up a discussion about regen on the 4046. Turns out LS has the new model 4145 he said would be better only $100 difference and it had the newer engine.

I have not ruled out the orange but getting the payment to what I want per month is key for me.

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #26  
Money counts. If we didn't have limited funds we would all have tractors that would make short work of any task on the farm. I know for me it was easy to say what's an extra $1000 when you are spending $30k on a tractor to get something you really want. Over the tractor's lifetime that would work out to pennies a day made it easy to justify. That's how you run into trouble though. I would say that I would try to get the tractor you want, even if it meant waiting to save up more funds. I bought my Kubota knowing it was going to be a 25 year plus purchase. So you really should get what you want. I think all the brands you listed will give you decades of service.

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #27  
I guess it would be nice but after playing around on an MF 174Xp this weekend I really liked it. My LS dealer called to follow up and I brought up a discussion about regen on the 4046. Turns out LS has the new model 4145 he said would be better only $100 difference and it had the newer engine.

I have not ruled out the orange but getting the payment to what I want per month is key for me.

I enjoyed working with the LS dealer down there in Westphalia. But the new 41XX series hadn't come out yet and I didn't want to deal with the regen stuff of the 40XX series.

/ Kubota L4060H or LS XR4046H #29  
Take the tractors you like, then decide which dealer you like best. If you plan on having it a long time the differance in price upfront becomes a lot less meaningful in 10-20 years

Ditto...Good advice.