INFO on these two compact tractors

/ INFO on these two compact tractors #1  

billymc

Silver Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1500 also massey ferguson 35 son
Hello . well guys i am in the uk and thinking of updating my kubota b1410 . have any of you guys heard of or owned one of these compact tractors . the first the green one . under the name field master model shakti vt224-1d. 22hp powered by a mitsubishi . i know its made in india . and that its shakti . is it just the old mitsubishi m series made under license ? if so what exact model is it . and if it is was there any problems with it ? and what are parts like to get if needed $_57.jpg$_57.jpg$_57.jpg next is the blue solis again a indian tractor but in india by international tractors ltd its a 20hp powered by a mitsubishi mvl-3e engine.says made in partnership with yanmar? look forward to your views guys. i thought they might be better than buying a chinese tractor?$_57.jpg$_57.jpg$_57.jpg

/ INFO on these two compact tractors #2  
Off brand tractors are only a good buy if the network for parts and service is widely available. Here in North America, we've seen too many tractors come and go, leaving their owners in a bind as to getting parts and service.

Penny wise, pound foolish was an old expression. There is a difference between cheap, less expensive and good value. Wish you the best as you sort this out.

/ INFO on these two compact tractors
Thanks BP
yes i know what you mean i was just thinking if the green one was just the old design mitsubishi and i could find out what model it was based on then i could see what parts back up was like.

/ INFO on these two compact tractors #4  
Grey market tractors like that are a complete c**pshoot. The maze of manufacturers is labyrinth and often unsolvable. Sometimes they work great, no issues. Mostly they are money pits that end up costing way more than originally thought. I really can't recommend something like that at all. Find a good used brand and go with that, it will be more cost effective in the long run.

/ INFO on these two compact tractors
Thanks TJP89
ys there seems a lot of stuff from india starting to appear here. first it was the chinese tractors.then we have the grey 70s 80s jap stuff. i am only looking as i want to update to a slightly bigger tractor . and just looking to see if anybody had ever had one or knew about them. so not in a hurry but thanks for your opinion .