In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson?

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #1  

Stanley B

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 BX25D
Hello folks....my name's Stanley .....I'm a Landscape Crewleader for a local county Govt. I've been in the landscaping/green industry for about 30 years+ and have been at my current job for almost 20. I'm thinking about buying a used F350(or similar set-up) flat bed dump and then get a tractor package deal and start doing some small jobs on the side. If things were to go well, I could maybe start my own small business full time. I'm currently researching 3 brands of tractors.....I use a kubota 3130 TLB type set-up at work, but have operated everything up to and including a pay loader. I am very experienced on many types of equipment and have thought about putting my knowledge to work for ME for a change......I am thinking about doing small grading jobs like adding gravel to driveways, hauling small loads of mulch, gravel, etc, etc.....and would maybe do light clearing with a grapple bucket. I'm not stuck on any one brand, but usually really do my homework before jumping into something. I am considering these 3 packages......

https://steenent.com/inventory/kubota-bx25dlbr1-tractor-package28/

I would rather have the quick detach bucket and a land pride grapple if I go with the Kubota....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATlHXSl9ftE

I have actually look at the Mahindras....there's a new dealer 3 miles from me.....

TractorHouse.com

The 3rd tractor is the Branson.....I understand it's a South Korean made tractor..I have a 2007 Kia Sorento made there and it's been a fine vehicle....just not sure I could get a grapple set-up like the one Kubota has for this size tractor...

New 24 HP Branson Farm Tractor - Backhoe - Trailer - Box Blade - Reed & Reed Sales

Any advice would be welcome......Thanks

Last edited:
   / In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #2  
Welcome to TBN Stanley...........................

Not sure which package you're looking at on the Steen site. The link comes back page not found.
I've read lots of good reports on Kubota, Mahindra, Kioti, LS, Deere, and Massey Ferguson. Not read too many good reports on Branson, more con than pro. A friend of mine bought a Kubota pkg from Steen a few years ago and he was pleased.
Any dealers near you besides Kubota and Mahindra? Not sure about Deere or Massey but LS and Kioti dealers in my area will package a deal. Stop in and talk to them. Most dealers don't advertise package deals but they would probably be willing to put a package together with exactly the attachments you may need.

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #4  
That link worked. Does that still include the 7K trailer, backhoe, and box blade and he's adding the QD bucket, grapple, 3rd valve instead of the bush hog. If so, price sounds good to me.

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson?
That link worked. Does that still include the 7K trailer, backhoe, and box blade and he's adding the QD bucket, grapple, 3rd valve instead of the bush hog. If so, price sounds good to me.

Yes.....only thing is, that dealer is about 200 miles away in the next state over....so it doesn't include sales tax, which I'm sure Georgia would like to get.......

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #6  
Yes.....only thing is, that dealer is about 200 miles away in the next state over....so it doesn't include sales tax, which I'm sure Georgia would like to get.......

His quoted price is $2500 more than his package price. Must be some grapple.
When my friend bought his package from Steen he drove from here in Upstate NY (a bit more than 200 miles), paid no sales tax, and towed the package back to NY with no plates on the trailer. I guess by law you'd be required to volunteer that info to GA. that you purchased a tractor out of state and voluntarily pay that tax in GA. Just like we all do with internet purchases also. Its the law you know.

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson?
His quoted price is $2500 more than his package price. Must be some grapple.
When my friend bought his package from Steen he drove from here in Upstate NY (a bit more than 200 miles), paid no sales tax, and towed the package back to NY with no plates on the trailer. I guess by law you'd be required to volunteer that info to GA. that you purchased a tractor out of state and voluntarily pay that tax in GA. Just like we all do with internet purchases also. Its the law you know.

Yes, he subtracted $500 for no bush hog, but the third valve and grapple with QA is the difference

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #8  
I can only speak from my experience with Branson. I own the 5220R/FEL and I am very happy with it. I've put just over 60hours on it and have had zero issues. It is a heavy, well built, stout little tractor and my dealer is only a few miles away and are great to deal with. IMO they are a better buy than the Kubota. More bang for your buck.

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #9  
I like Kubota. A quick attach loader is worth its weight in gold. I have true SSQA on my Kubota and prefer that option, but I don't know if it is offered on that size tractor. I bought my tractor out of state ( Wisconsin) to avoid sales tax. Will the tractor fit on the included trailer with the bush hog attached with the loader and bush hog sitting on the trailer deck? It looks a little small and the loader would have to hang over the front of the trailer.

/ In the market for a new tractor ..Kubota, Mahindra, Branson? #10  
Normally, many folks don't concern themselves with timely self-reporting of out of state purchases to ante up the tax due when they return home. But, if you are starting a business, then things might need to be done more by the books.

The upcharges for the third function and grapple seem about twice what they should be, to me. You can't buy that deleted rear cutter for $500, to start with. And, I agree with 4570man about the true SSQA being the ticket. Anything less limits you.

Why are you buying all new, especially if you plan on only working with this stuff part time to begin??