new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #1  

keviddy

Tractor
none
mid atlantic area, needs include cleanup of fallen trees, light grading, moving topsoil and maybe someday post hole digging.

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #2  
Welcome to TBN....................

Post is a little vague. Tractor size needed could be anything depending on size of trees you want to move, how fast you want to do the work, how much weight do you need the loader and / or 3 pt. to lift. For small trees and little jobs you could probably get by with a subcompact (under 25HP). Several companies have these sizes such as Kubota BX series, LS J series, etc. have small SCUT's w/ loader and BH for homeowner use.
Are you looking for new or used?
Have you checked your local dealers for new and used models?
How about Craigslist for used?

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe
Welcome to TBN....................

Post is a little vague. Tractor size needed could be anything depending on size of trees you want to move, how fast you want to do the work, how much weight do you need the loader and / or 3 pt. to lift. For small trees and little jobs you could probably get by with a subcompact (under 25HP). Several companies have these sizes such as Kubota BX series, LS J series, etc. have small SCUT's w/ loader and BH for homeowner use.
Are you looking for new or used?
Have you checked your local dealers for new and used models?
How about Craigslist for used?

Thanks very much. Definitely looking for used, under 25 HP, preferably diesel and 4wd, so subcompact is the accurate designation, and I have been looking at various classified sites. I have access to trailers, so i do not mind traveling to find the right unit. Thanks again.

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #4  
Just did a quick search on CL in NJ for tractor loader backhoe and found several decent looking 4X4 subcompact units ranging from $8k-16K with loader and backhoe. That will be the price range for what you are looking for unless you go with an older tractor. But then you have to worry about repairs needed. I saw quite a few that had less than 600 hours which is nothing for a diesel tractor. Just make sure to get records to make sure proper service was done on time. If possible check with the dealer that sold the tractor to verify. Also, get the VIN to make sure its not a stolen tractor. A dealer can look up the VIN for you. Most SCUT's can be hauled on a single axle 12-14' trailer. Less than 3,000 lbs. total (tractor w attachments and trailer weight)

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #5  
There are 80 used tractors for sale on eBay, within 150 miles of Zip Code 07739:

EBay Tractor LINK: Tractors | eBay

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #6  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #7  
Buying hay for critters at some point? IMO get something big enough to toss around a 4x5 1000lb bale. I certainly don't regret going as big as my tractor, and perhaps I should've gone to 45-50 pto hp to make making hay a possibility.

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #9  
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to the buying, pricing and comparisons section.

Best of luck on finding that perfect tractor. :)

/ new hobby farmer looking for a compact tractor with loader and backhoe #10  
JD 1025/1023 would be a good choice. However the used ones are holding there value close to new. I've heard of some good deals on used though private listings.
Might even be able to get a last years model at dealer with 60 mo 0%