Tractor Sizing How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift?

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

Thinking of scut cersus small cut? Staring at brochures but can't find all the answers?

Well maybe you'd like to actually know what a sub compact tractor can actually lift in real life.

So I took my Massey GC1715 scut tractor . . Took the bucket off because it wasn't big enough to use for the test . . and did this:

GC1715 with DL95 loader:

The brochure wouldnt tell me so I tested how much weight the fel can lift. So on two different days I actually measured.

1st time I previously wrote about and it was 864 pounds of actual concrete I moved on pallet forked effort.

But I did it again yesterday in very controlled conditions to be completely fair.

Fel minus bucket.
Add 77 lbs for the quick attach
Add 115 lbs for the forks
Add 26 pounds for a cheap pallet
Add 63 concrete edgers scaled at 15.3 pounds per piece (963.9 lbs. Of concrete).

At 3100 rpm I was able to pick it up and move it 50 feet and set it back down. But then after a slight drizzle and a 10 minute rest . . I was not able to re-pick it up to take to destination . . so I removed 2 then 2 and finally 2 more edgers then making it a total of 57 edgers (872.1 pounds)

A dl95 loader on my gc1715 at 3150 rpm lifted and transported 200 feet up and down an incline the following

77 lbs + 115 lbs + 26 lbs + 872.1 pounds of payload in a single trip. Total weight = 1090.1 lbs. Plus some rain water and 2 earth worms :)

I'd say with a mini grapple I'll be able to haul a good sized log or a biiig biiig bucket of rock :) Don't you agree?

Also . . Consider the 3 pt carrying capacity is even larger than the fel.

And here's a picture after I moved it the 1st time.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20151029_145914.png
    ForumRunner_20151029_145914.png
    708.9 KB · Views: 299
  • ForumRunner_20151029_150005.png
    ForumRunner_20151029_150005.png
    669.5 KB · Views: 303
   / How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #2  
Well, it picked up and moved more than I would have thought.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #3  
Depending on the model of BX (subcompact) there is some variation from 500 to 900 lbs roughly. In reality the machine itself will tell your how much is enough, and I am surprised at how much that is.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift?
I also was surprised as the brochures always speak based on bucket installed. Even so the numbers imply with bucket on I could lift "safely" much more than brochures seem to say (bucket is 155) so if fel lifted a gross of 1090 lbs then 77 lbs for quick attach and 155 lbs for bucket means I could safely lift at least 858 lbs in the bucket. I say "at least" because in the bucket in right over pins whwre in mt forj lift test the weight is farther forward and leverage effected to the negative.

I was surprised how rpm made such a difference.

I wish others couls test their bx or yanmar unuts similar to mine. It shows 175 lb increase from what I read is brochure claims and that could impact decisions for some between scut and cut.

And one last thing . . On flat ground . . With all that weight forward . . It didn't pull the rear tires up at all . . Even with me off the tractor.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #5  
I tell you, I wouldn't work without ballast when using the FEL........unless you just want to experiment. IMHO.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #6  
In regards to ballast, I'd be disappointed if my FEL wouldn't lift enough to make rear ballast mandatory, regardless of tractor size or brand.

I tell you, I wouldn't work without ballast when using the FEL........unless you just want to experiment. IMHO.

Agreed . . I already have loaded rears but I'm also developing a unique 3 pt ballast unit that will allow me multi purposes plus have ballast from 42 lbs. up to 350 lbs. It will be adjustable height and good clearance for slopes and incline use and driveway snow . . Yet be slung low and very balanced left to right.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #8  
Your math is slightly flawed. It doesn't matter how much your bucket or pallet weigh you still have to lift them.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #9  
Agreed . . I already have loaded rears but I'm also developing a unique 3 pt ballast unit that will allow me multi purposes plus have ballast from 42 lbs. up to 350 lbs. It will be adjustable height and good clearance for slopes and incline use and driveway snow . . Yet be slung low and very balanced left to right.

What kind of ballast did you have on during the test Axle? Your test portends good things because I'm wondering if I can lift 900lbs on my CK35 loader. The specs put the lift at 1150, and with bucket and all I was a little worried. But I'm guessing it could handle it.

That's a nice SCUT you have there, 900lbs is very respectable, most of the SCUTs I looked at were in the 500lb range.

Your math is slightly flawed. It doesn't matter how much your bucket or pallet weigh you still have to lift them.

Greetings 4570, I'm confused . . I included everything in my calculations from fel arm end to payload. The numbers I showed should be all inclusive.