Need to get a bale spear

/ Need to get a bale spear #11  
Problem with chain on spear is you start getting to far out from your pivot point and you can lose lifting ability. If you end up with heavy bales might not be able to move them. I made mine. Some scrap metal and a spear from Agrisupply, done deal. I've even made a boom pole that slides over it.

/ Need to get a bale spear #12  
WOW. Personally I wouldn't get a spear that wasn't bolted on.

Not for the weight of the rounds but for those stupid decisions of "It's too much trouble to put the forks on... I'll use the spears. What could go wrong?" :duh:

Disclaimer: Didn't happen to me but to a friend, however it was a lesson learnt.

I probably wouldn't want one that isn't bolt on either but no sense paying the premium price for something that can be fixed in 15 minutes with a short length of pipe and some 7018 rod. That rod on mine is massive so I'm not worrying about breaking it unless I decide to play triceratops and go spar a couple rounds with a T Rex, or more likely a pine tree. I can see how people bend them and break them though. That big wonkin thing sticking out there just begs to hit something. I would like to know the percentage of barns and trucks that have holes punched in them from those things.