Additional questions/advice

/ Additional questions/advice #1  

concernedcitizen

Tractor
In the Process of Due Diligence for purchase
Now that I've had some time to look further into additional tractors, I have a new question.

During my research into tractors, specifically into the Mahindra brand of tractors. I see that there *in my eyes and limited abilities being a newbie, MIGHT) be different levels of tractors that have the same ballpark of HP (for my purpose its in the range of 40-55HP and MUST have 4WD, HST and a cab), but the different series (such as the 2500 series, 3500 series as it pertains to my eventual question below).

Is my impression that the different series are for the lack of a better phrase, better quality or better quality of materials used in their construction (for example, thicker/heavier steel, etc)?

Being a newbie and just knowing how rough I am on equipment in general, I would think that I would benefit from a thicker/stronger frame as well as a heavier tractor that would provide more traction, etc even if it cost me more, but do correct me if my impression/though is wrong.

The two models I'm asking about are the 2555 HST cab and the 3555 HST cab

Thanks in advance

/ Additional questions/advice #2  
Now that I've had some time to look further into additional tractors, I have a new question.

During my research into tractors, specifically into the Mahindra brand of tractors. I see that there *in my eyes and limited abilities being a newbie, MIGHT) be different levels of tractors that have the same ballpark of HP (for my purpose its in the range of 40-55HP and MUST have 4WD, HST and a cab), but the different series (such as the 2500 series, 3500 series as it pertains to my eventual question below).

Is my impression that the different series are for the lack of a better phrase, better quality or better quality of materials used in their construction (for example, thicker/heavier steel, etc)?

Being a newbie and just knowing how rough I am on equipment in general, I would think that I would benefit from a thicker/stronger frame as well as a heavier tractor that would provide more traction, etc even if it cost me more, but do correct me if my impression/though is wrong.

The two models I'm asking about are the 2555 HST cab and the 3555 HST cab

Thanks in advance

Within a particular brand you'll see two or more models of similar size and power. They are often, for lack of better terms, base and deluxe tractors, with the base model having fewer features and somewhat less performance while the deluxe model will be both better equipped and more capable. If you think of the car manufacturers, they do similar things with their models.

Does quality also differ? It depends on which brand you're dealing with. Those that build their own tractors largely share common or nearly identical components across different models and sustain largely consistent quality; brands that sell equipment outsourced from other manufacturers may indeed offer quite different tractors all painted the same color.

/ Additional questions/advice #4  
I may becoming a Kubota shill here, but consider that the Grand L tractors are loaded with useful (but not totally necessary) features, like auto throttle, shift-on-the-fly two speed L-M-H ranges, and many other nice things I don't really know about, but like reading about in other's posts. About the only time bigger and heavier isn't your friend is when you have to traverse a lawn and leave ruts. If our little barn wasn't in the center of our lawn area, I would still have the much heavier L3130.

/ Additional questions/advice #5  
Doh!:mur: my bad

3550 HST Cab model3550 HST Cab | Mahindra

2255HST Cab model 2555 HST Cab | Mahindra

I have a Mahindra dealer in my town and I also get much of my aggregate from them, so I usually check out their inventory every few weeks.

The 35 series is built by Mahindra ... That's the tier4 version of the previous generation 5035. The 5035 had mixed reviews but mostly positive from what I recall. It is heavier than most machines in the segment. This is the first year they are offering a cab in this series. Checkout the cab in person... Feels like it still has a ways to go.

The 25 series is built by TYM. You can literally buy it from a TYM dealer with a TYM loader, a Mahindra dealer with their loader, or from Cabela's with a Woods loader. I've test driven these both new and used, And they don't rank super high on my personal list compared to the other brands I've had experience with.

The smaller Mahindra's are built by Mitsubishi.

/ Additional questions/advice
Thanks everyone for posting replies. I now have a lot more information to be able to chew and stew on

/ Additional questions/advice #7  

. . . .

Thanks in advance

Concerned citizen,

Certainly some model names represent base and deluxe versions. But they also represent something else:

as an example the Massey Ferguson product line has the GC1700 series of 4 models (base and deluxe and then each with backhoes). But then they have the 1700 series (no GC in front) . . . and that lineup includes units from 26 hp to 59 hp but slso included 5 different frame sizes to. The 1700 series has more than a dozen choices/sizes in it.