Buying Advice New 2015 LS XR3135H

/ New 2015 LS XR3135H #1  

davesteve

Tractor
LS XR3135H
Hello,
$21,950 plus tax (w/loader)

Does that sound about right?
Or should I wait for 2016's? Will that be January 2016? Probably a higher price for 2016, right?
New to the "real" tractor world, so ...:confused:
Probably won't use it too much until the Spring. Wouldn't mind getting the 2015 if it's a good deal, unless 2016's have substantial improvements.
Not a problem to wait.
thanks

/ New 2015 LS XR3135H #2  
Hello,
$21,950 plus tax (w/loader)

Does that sound about right?
Or should I wait for 2016's? Will that be January 2016? Probably a higher price for 2016, right?
New to the "real" tractor world, so ...:confused:
Probably won't use it too much until the Spring. Wouldn't mind getting the 2015 if it's a good deal, unless 2016's have substantial improvements.
Not a problem to wait.
thanks

First off, welcome to TBN!

That's the published price that a local dealer (Aeschliman Equipment in Whitmore Lake, MI) is asking for that model (they have ads on Craigslist). They tend to have very competitive prices based on what I've seen posted here, so I think that's a fair price.

Now, in case you're looking at that dealer (since the price matches and you're in the midwest) I'll add my experience. I bought an LS from them three years ago, but I wouldn't do business with them again. The tractor was great, but when I went back to them 15 months later, looking to buy a bigger tractor, they could never get around to calling me back with a price (I called three times). I called on a Friday and never heard back, so I called again the following Friday to find out the sales guy was on vacation, so I spoke to the owner who promised to get me a price. A week later I called back to see if they'd figured it out, and was told they'd get back to me "right away" but they never did. You'd think the fact that I had recently bought a tractor from them would show I wasn't just wasting their time, and both guys remembered who I was clearly when I called. Also, they aren't really computer savvy....I tried e-mailing the sales guy to get a price on an implement and it took four or five days for him to reply. They actually have their pricing on a piece of graph paper charted out, and have to break out the calculator to add up options, etc...it's just silly. The one time I went there to get filters I showed up at 11:30a.m. and the parts guy was at lunch. Nobody else knew what filters were correct, or what the price was, so I had to wait for him to get back from lunch. In short, I don't know how they stay in business, other than their CL ads, and visibility from the highway.

If it's another dealer....sorry for all of the above!

As far as 2015 versus 2016, realize that tractors don't have model years the way cars do. The paperwork listing the year when you buy one is based upon the date of sale, and that's really for warrantee purposes. The tractor could be one or two years old, and still sold as new (they can sit crated in a warehouse for a while). Many models are sold for years with no changes to them at all, and if there are slight changes, they don't change based upon the year...it's all off the serial number. So, there's no reason to wait for a 2016 in that regard, but prices do often go up at the start of the year as you mentioned.

You might get a bit of a deal in December if the dealer wants to close their year with better numbers, or get a few sales in before the holidays have people doing things other than buying tractors. I think they gave me an extra $300 off at the last minute (it was in Dec of 2012)...not sure why, but I didn't argue.

/ New 2015 LS XR3135H #3  
Welcome to TBN.........................

I agree with Bart. Waiting for a 2016 is probably going to get you a 2015 at a slightly higher price. The XR3135 is one of the newest models with the LS engine. It is a premium tractor with lots of options standard. I have the XR3037HC and it does all I ask for. The 3000 series has the Shibaura engine which is also a good engine but has more regen cycles than the 3100 series LS engine. So far I've had no tractor issues and only see the dealer to get my filters. Can't speak about the price because I have not seen any dealers around my area that advertise online.
Keep us posted.

/ New 2015 LS XR3135H
Good info. Thanks

It does seem to be harder to find prices (even MSRP) for LS tractors, while others list MSRP on their web sites.

/ New 2015 LS XR3135H #5  
I just recently (last week) priced a LS XR4040H w/FEL. I was quoted $22,000 here in Missouri.