Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor?

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
If the answer is yes, consider the Mahindra Max26/28.

I am very impressed how much of a hitch is on this small machine. I find the small tractor size really helps getting into buildings an working in tight quarters. The Max will handle bigger implements than its size suggests. For instance, if it works on a small L series Kubota, the Max can handle it. I have about 120 lbs fromt weights plus the loader to keep things balanced.

If you need a bigger machine for frequent Hitch / PTO work, get it, but I find the utility of the smaller machine saves more time & labor than working fields quicker on a small farm.

Anyone know of a small machine that out specs the Max?

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #2  
This paid advertising was brought to you by....
Just Kidding!

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #3  
Sorry but I don't understand? :confused2:

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #4  
Mahindra does brag or point out their lift capacity very much. We have a dealership that recently opened here and I did stop and look and they were good looking machines. My wonder and not in the market at all for another machine or would do more checking, how stable the company is HERE. A couple of years back another manufacturer from India set their dealerships up as they loaded them with inventor and took the money and ran. US has no treaty with India to bring someone back for civil trial so they were safe. Farm trac I think was the name. Also told they offer little in a floor plan for their dealerships and also warranty begins when it lands on dealership's lot. PLEASE I AM TALKING behind a Kubota dealership and another dealership who got stuck by the other company. But does affect my thoughts on them. In my part of the world still remember how Kioti came in strong and now the dealership near me has aging stock. Could be more than one reason for that I realize. Could be the dealership itself but their other product line seems to be selling fine just riding by. Just know it takes a while to see how stable a company is in a new market with any product but the more costly the bigger the risk.

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor?
Mahindra does brag or point out their lift capacity very much. We have a dealership that recently opened here and I did stop and look and they were good looking machines. My wonder and not in the market at all for another machine or would do more checking, how stable the company is HERE. A couple of years back another manufacturer from India set their dealerships up as they loaded them with inventor and took the money and ran. US has no treaty with India to bring someone back for civil trial so they were safe. Farm trac I think was the name. Also told they offer little in a floor plan for their dealerships and also warranty begins when it lands on dealership's lot. PLEASE I AM TALKING behind a Kubota dealership and another dealership who got stuck by the other company. But does affect my thoughts on them. In my part of the world still remember how Kioti came in strong and now the dealership near me has aging stock. Could be more than one reason for that I realize. Could be the dealership itself but their other product line seems to be selling fine just riding by. Just know it takes a while to see how stable a company is in a new market with any product but the more costly the bigger the risk.

I know resale value on the Mahindra Max28 will not hold up like my 32 year old Kubota. I sold it for what I paid for it! I took a chance going with Mahindra. Price was real right as I bought a 2013 leftover. Good quality machine made by Mitsubishi, but not Kubota quality. I love the transmission and the 3 PT capacity. No problems in the first 75 hours. Time will tell if I made a good choice. It is the right size machine that helps around our place. Max28 is more machine than my old B7200D, but still able to fit where I need it to go. If you think I’m being paid to advertise for Mahindra. Go over to the Mahindra forum and read.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../343307-50-hour-mahindra-max28xl-shuttle.html

Still not loving that Loader Control valve. I’m Spoiled by my L39 and Excavator.

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #6  
Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor?

IF you REALLY want/need BIG hitch capacity in a "small" tractor, go buy a "vineyard" FARM tractor!

You will then have a REAL tractor that will have the power and capacity to do big jobs for a long long time.

Want big power in a medium size tractor, buy a "orchard" FARM tractor, like vineyard tractors, big power in a smaller size is the exactly the job they were made for...

SR

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #7  
I can't find 3 point specs on it.

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #8  
I think the 3ph on any modern tractor is quite strong. Strong enough to lift the front in the air without a fel or weights.

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #9  
I think the 3ph on any modern tractor is quite strong. Strong enough to lift the front in the air without a fel or weights.
The 3ph on my not so modern B7200 can easily do that.

/ Need Big 3pt Hitch capacity in a small tractor? #10  
Mike I think you are just one happy new tractor owner. We all should be proud of what we have been able to own, especially when it is new to us.

I forgot to tell you have a friend who was dealer for another brand built in India. When they closed he looked at the Mahindra line and decided against it for some reason but still bought one for his own use and really bragged on it.