Comparison Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing.

/ Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing. #1  

Tractorsletch

Tractor
None at the moment
I'm looking at a rental return Kubota with new BH77 backhoe vs new Mahindra 1533 with new backhoe. Mahindra overall weight is about 500 lbs heavier, but bucket force on Kubota is 500 lbs more. Price is about same. First, any idea which will do the most work, and second which is a better buy? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

/ Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing. #2  
   / Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing.
   / Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing.
Oops, hp not up.

/ Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing. #5  
How many hours on the kubota rental return? I would lean towards that one unless it has many hours... if over 700 hours, which is still not bad hour-wise except they were "rental hours", I would think twice (meaning, I would look over the machine to see if it looked abused)

The Kubota has 105 hours I believe. Rental return from seasonal farming where it simply towed a agriculture trailer. Did not have the loader, or the backhoe for that matter, on it during rental. I will definitely take a close look at it however. I really want the one that will give me the best backhoe function, hence the questions regarding weight and force comparison. I had a Mahindra 2816 and loved it, but it burned up in the Butte Fire here in California a couple of months ago. It did not have a backhoe on it.

/ Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing. #7  
Mahindra specs sheets suck so I could be comparing wrong. It appears that the Mahindra loader is rated to lift 1600 VS 1100 pounds. The Kubota is 30.3 net hp.

/ Kubota L3800D Gear vs Mahindra 1533 Shuttle, both with backhoes. Need help choosing. #8  
Ohhhh you mean a rental return. Yeah no need to worry about those at all. They aren't allowed to use anything but the drawbar and when the tractor is returned it is thoroughly gone through and serviced. When you buy it the new warranty begins. You're basically buying a new tractor and saving a couple grand because it has 100 hours on it. Those go fast around here, soon as they hit the lots they're gone. I never see many sitting around that's for sure.