Looking at buying a TYM t454

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #11  
Found out today that the 454 does not come in a hydro trans. I would have to go to a with the t554 to get the hydro. One dealer got back to me his price was $35,465 w/tax I also looked at the mahindra 3540. The loader has a little more power and it is not as tall as the tym and a little wider. only one dearer has given me a price of 41,641 w/tax. With two rear remotes and a 3rd function for the loader I have looked a LS tractors a little I notice the loader does not lift as high as the TYM and Mahindra. Going to go to cabelas this weekend to look at their tractors, there is one just down the road. I was looking at a Kioti NX4510 HST but have not gotten a price yet. The one big thing for me is it has to fit through a 8 foot high garage door.

Cabela's has the 45 hp with cab with hst. I went and drove one. Not sure why TYM does not have the option.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454
I don't understand that either with tym and cabela's, just paint it red and put tym stickers on it.
Starting looking at the john deer 4044r. I like the controls on the back fender for hooking up a 3pt. I see they also have a down pressure option for the 3pt.
Test drove the mahindra 3540 today, I did not like the loader joystick it seemed high, and there was no bucket level gauge just a sticker on the bucket.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #13  
I don't understand that either with tym and cabela's, just paint it red and put tym stickers on it.
Starting looking at the john deer 4044r. I like the controls on the back fender for hooking up a 3pt. I see they also have a down pressure option for the 3pt.
Test drove the mahindra 3540 today, I did not like the loader joystick it seemed high, and there was no bucket level gauge just a sticker on the bucket.

Just need to keep in mind with the new 4000R series tractors, you CAN NOT put any down pressure with the curl circuit of the loader. This feature of always having the regen(fast dump) has many consequences that JD didn't think through in my opinion. For me, that alone would be a deal breaker for purchasing that series of tractor. :thumbdown:

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #14  
I can only speak for the T503 HST Cab with was replaced by the 554, only difference I see is the 503 is a tier3 50hp Perkins /Cat engine and the 554 is a tier4 (stricter emissions) 55hp Yanmar engine. As far as the tractor itself, solid built, reliable, strong hydraulics. At the time that was looking to purchase I did check out Cabela and they offered the 503 only with Wood's FEL which did look like it was built as tough as the TYM t5000 and the total price was $5000 more. Some folks talk about dealer support, so far that hasn't been an issue for me. What sold me was the warranty, standard options and price ($28000 for a 2013). Being a Kubota owner already I did go check them out put the price was to far off ($12000) for me to justify buying one.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #15  

I don't know how many Cabelas there are . . . But its alot. They are out as far west as Nevada and heavy in most of the west abd midwest. They hace tremwndiys ckiyt wuth TYM because they are taking all rhe risks for many many states and dealership locations.

Their desire was not to sell TYM, theur desire, plan, and execution is to sell Land Management tractors that " just so happened" to be made by TYM. Cabelas is not a dealership for TYM . . rather they are partners with TYM.

I post to TYP prospects often that checking out Cabelas chouces may surprise the heck out of them . . because a TYM tractor is red and a Cabelas/TYM tractor is green. Its much more than paint color.

Tracker boats were just like 2 dozen other boats before Cabelas. But they became a big name because of Cabelas.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #16  
Cabelas is not a dealership for TYM . . rather they are partners with TYM.

I post to TYP prospects often that checking out Cabelas chouces may surprise the heck out of them . . because a TYM tractor is red and a Cabelas/TYM tractor is green. Its much more than paint color.

I wouldn't call them partners... Cabela's is essentially a "customer" of TYM. In the same way that Massey/AGCO is a customer of Iseki. Same way that Case-NH is a customer of LS, etc etc etc.

I would be very surprised if there were any differences in the construction (not counting added on options, or trim pieces)) of the Cabela's painted TYM's compared to the Mahindra ones, compared to the TYM branded ones.

My guess anyhow...

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #17  
I wouldn't call them partners... Cabela's is essentially a "customer" of TYM. In the same way that Massey/AGCO is a customer of Iseki. Same way that Case-NH is a customer of LS, etc etc etc.

I would be very surprised if there were any differences in the construction (not counting added on options, or trim pieces)) of the Cabela's painted TYM's compared to the Mahindra ones, compared to the TYM branded ones.

My guess anyhow...

I have no idea about the Cabela tractors, but the engines and transmissions can be completely different between the TYM and Mahindra models. The differences are more than just cosmetic or simple add-on features. ;)

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #18  
I have no idea about the Cabela tractors, but the engines and transmissions can be completely different between the TYM and Mahindra models. The differences are more than just cosmetic or simple add-on features. ;)

Is Mahindra still adding a different engine with the tier 4 TYM's, like they did with the tier 3 ones? I remember that they used the Daedong diesel instead of the CAT-Perkins with the X010 series.

But what do you mean the transmissions are different?

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #19  
Is Mahindra still adding a different engine with the tier 4 TYM's, like they did with the tier 3 ones? I remember that they used the Daedong diesel instead of the CAT-Perkins with the X010 series.

But what do you mean the transmissions are different?

It is my understanding that the 40+ HP Mahindras have Mahindra mCRD engines, but I may be wrong. :confused3: The transmissions, as far as gear anyway, the 2500 series Mahindra's have 12x12 transmissions and the TYM equivalents have 16x16. Then there are the add ons such as rear remotes and extendable lower links that are std on TYM and either options or not even available on the 2500 series. I believe that the GPM on the pumps is different.

I'm sure that there are other things, these are just some of them. While the tractors are close enough that they will do basically the same work in the same time frame, there are many other differences other than paint color and simple add ons. ;)

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454
Test drove the jd 4044r today with the 180 loader. I liked the way it drove and the cab layout. The loader picked the front end in the air no problem. The only problem was with the salesman, i told him the options I wanted and was going through trying to tell me why i didn't want them. Like the down pressure option on the 3pt he said a hydraulic top link would do the same thing. That the third fuction for the loader would have to controled by a lever not buttons on the joystick. So we did not get a price from him, waiting to hear from a different dealership.

Then we stopped at the case dealer and test drove the 45c. The cab did not feel as nice and they got rid of the hydro option. You have to switch forward and reverse on the column like a shuttle shift. Knocked it out of gear couple of times test driving it. The other thing was the loader will only lift 2000lbs

Last we stopped at Cabelas and drove the 45. It was a nice tractor kind of loud. The cab was nice and open, had back corner windows that opened. The 3pt levers were kind of hard to get at and move, could have been because it was new. The loader is kind of a pain to take off you have to take to supports that is stored in the front and attach them. The final price they came wup with is 38,500 with the larger loader, 2 rear remotes, and 3 function for the loader. The also give you a $1000 gift card with purchase of a tractor.

Right now I like the JD the best, just waiting to see what kind of price the come up with.