Buying Advice LS XR4040 vs. Yanmar LX410A

/ LS XR4040 vs. Yanmar LX410A
I'll describe it this way, I have couple small fields in which there are hills to get to said fields. I'm sure hst would be very convenient, but I need to try to save as much as possible on tractor. I'm still young and should not have any problems. My wife and I are getting our start at farming and are starting small.

/ LS XR4040 vs. Yanmar LX410A #12  
I'll describe it this way, I have couple small fields in which there are hills to get to said fields. I'm sure hst would be very convenient, but I need to try to save as much as possible on tractor. I'm still young and should not have any problems. My wife and I are getting our start at farming and are starting small.

If you're new to tractors, and if your wife is new to tractors, HST is simply a safer choice. The fact that it can save you a bunch of time and is more convenient is simply a bonus. The differences might seem slight now, but experience usually proves otherwise. Lots of people trade in shuttle tractors for HST, and lose a bunch of money in the process. The reverse almost never happens...there's a reason for that.

You might want to talk to another dealer if there's one within 100mi or so. There is no way a dealer in NC should be charging $23K for a shuttle shift model when the local dealer here charges $23K for an HST machine, and has to pay about $500 shipping to get it here from the LS distribution facility in NC!

/ LS XR4040 vs. Yanmar LX410A #13  
They look like pretty comparable machines. As long as price is close on both, I'd simply go with the one that fits better. The Yanmar seems to have better pump volume but probably not enough to warrant picking it unless all else is equal? I know the Yanmar has 2/5 year warranty and it looks like the LS has something similar. It looks like the LS has final tier 4 engine. Does it have DPF, regen, etc? Is the Yanmar an older non-tier 4 engine? If so, I'd probably give the yanmar extra consideration. I don't know anything about the shibura tier 4.

My dad has a shibura in his NH45 (~2006). It's certainly a nice engine. Don't know anything about the newer units.

/ LS XR4040 vs. Yanmar LX410A
Just wanted to update everyone who responded to this post. I ended up buying the LS xr4040. The tractor is great and easy to drive. The regen comes on about every 4 hours. I have not noticed any loss of power during regen even during loader work.
I also went with gear instead of hydrostatic. It is very easy to drive with 2 different throttle control, foot throttle and dash throttle. As of now I am very pleased with the xr4040 and would recommend to others. I have not had extensive time on tractor due to the excessive rain, but the time I had on has been enjoyable.
Thanks to all who have responded.