Tractor Sizing Tractor Size, MF2310???

/ Tractor Size, MF2310??? #1  

JMiller

Good day,

New guy doing research, lots of info here and lots of choices!!

We have a 12 acre property in Eastern Ontario;4-lawn, gardens, and fields, 5-pine tree(10-20ft tall), and 4 mixed bush with small pond.

I am currently looking at a MF2310, Kubota BX, and Kioti Ck. I would need a tractor to move dirt, gravel, stones, mulch, snow and firewood. I would like a back hoe to dig trenches for a water line to the barn, plant trees, remove small tree stumps, creating small ponds, and possibly digging around our home to redo the drainage tile. Our soil is rocky! We could use the tractor it to cut grass, we currently use a Sear 19HP lawn tractor. We could use it to blow snow.

My dilemma is the MF2310 and the others able to do the above work or is something larger required? Is 470 lbs in a loader worth while, will the back hoe be overworked? We want to do lots of small landscaping projects over the years. I would like to get the right tractor the first time. No rush.

With today financing rates we could afford 20,000 CDN. Is there something else I should be considering. My wife is bias to Massey for the red colour, I want something to get the job done and that will last.

Any help would be great.

Thank in advance,

J Miller

/ Tractor Size, MF2310??? #2  
Welcome jmiller, yes those tractors will do the jobs. but if there is any doubt in your mind go bigger and buy it once. the size realy amounts to speed that the job gets done. the only thing to consider for excavating is the ground clearence of the tractor, so if your carfull and don't drive over rocks and piles the 2310 would be fine. remember these are compact tractors not dozers.