Tractor Financing for bad credit?????

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #51  
Just about everything you own is a bad investment unless you use it to make money. Money in of itself does not make you enjoy your life. Having a big fat bank account means nothing if you can't find a place inside your head where you're content.

The guy's just gotten out of an ugly spot in his life. Sitting on a pile of money in a savings account isn't going to do much for his mental well-being. Getting out into the yard and staying busy might.

I say buy it if you can afford the payments and aren't getting usery rate interest.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #52  
Just about everything you own is a bad investment unless you use it to make money. Money in of itself does not make you enjoy your life. Having a big fat bank account means nothing if you can't find a place inside your head where you're content.

The guy's just gotten out of an ugly spot in his life. Sitting on a pile of money in a savings account isn't going to do much for his mental well-being. Getting out into the yard and staying busy might.

I say buy it if you can afford the payments and aren't getting usery rate interest.

It is difficult to advise others what is best but a savings account for a good down payment puts a goal to reach out there. I may not have been clear enough about my suggestion.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #53  
If that's what it takes to get an interest rate that's not obscene, then I'd go that route.

I have friends who work 60 hours a week and can't save to save their lives - their spouses drain the piggy as fast as they can fill it. But they can pay bills. Having the bill is better than having the goal: they never reach the goal, but they pay the bill and that makes the goal happen.

Seeing as his wife is now not his wife, that's less of a problem. The fact still remains that maybe a better investment than what a stock or bond or the .1% interest your personal savings account is going to offer would be the joy having some quality time outside would offer with the use of a new(to the OP) tractor.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #54  
If that's what it takes to get an interest rate that's not obscene, then I'd go that route.

I have friends who work 60 hours a week and can't save to save their lives - their spouses drain the piggy as fast as they can fill it. But they can pay bills. Having the bill is better than having the goal: they never reach the goal, but they pay the bill and that makes the goal happen.

Sounds like someone needs to put their big boy pants on and pt a stop to this..
Some get into trouble because, they spend what others think they make.. Others have wifes that spend to try to keep up with the Jones'..Some let their wifes do as they please, and their wifes spend them into bankruptcy

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #55  

Sounds like someone needs to put their big boy pants on, and put a stop to this..
Some get into trouble because, they spend what others think they make.. Others have wifes that spend to try to keep up with the Jones'..Some let their wifes do as they please, and their wifes spend them into bankruptcy

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #56  
It's a hard pill to swallow watching it happen over and over, but he's still my friend. They got married when she got knocked up, and he adopted her other daughter because the babydaddy is a worthless POS. He keeps saying when his wife finishes school and gets a nursing job that he's going to magically have enough money to quit his current job, buy a farm, buy a tractor, buy a skidsteer (that's the most recent purchase he's researching), and live off the land... Yeah, RIGHT!

His wife failed the test for EMT, then never retook it. She's been a nursing home aide for 3 years making $12/hr, and somehow when she gets her 4yr degree she's going to make enough to support him just like flipping a switch.

What's sad is that he was there for me when I was in need of some help. He drove me to the grocery store when I was in college so I could go without car insurance because I didn't have the income to afford it, my tuition, and rent. I'm not going to walk away from him, even though it pains me to see what his life is becoming. I've tried to help guide him towards some alternate income streams he could do, and he doesn't take the initiative. Always has an excuse. You can only carry someone so far, in the end they have to want it bad enough to hold their own.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #57  
Sounds like someone needs to put their big boy pants on, and put a stop to this..

I have a guy I work with in a similar situation, his wife doesn't work, has a teaching degree from a major university, quit a good state job years ago for some unknown reason, he let her do it. He has an MBA but works in mid level staff job doing final system testing and paper work (although all actually done in the system). The wife is a hoarder and has a spending compulsion too, so junk that goes in the house never leaves. He's never had anyone from work over to his place, the garage is so full of "stuff" that they can't get either car in it. Another guy at work took him home one time and saw the garage door up.

He doesn't have cable TV since he said that she would be buying from the home shopping channels, no internet since she would do the same. In fact the guy has no modern gadgets in the house except one small flat screen TV with an antenna and an old pre-paid cell phone that she carries. They never go anywhere except visit her cousins widow on the farm up north about once a year. He has no family, she just has a sister, but she's retarded and lives in a group home. He does walk the dog in a dog park or around the neighborhood, which is an island in a high crime, and getting worse, area of town. They don't eat at home as he says there's nothing in the house. He does have some money he got from selling his mother's small Florida house and a condo up here when she passed. He tried to hide it from her but couldn't due to bank requirements, so he says. She has the credit card maxed out again he told us a couple of months ago, it was paid off about 6-9 months ago. He just used some of his cash to buy a fancy new Toyota SUV and his house is paid off. He does have some money in the company 401k and will get a company pension and SS, but she has absolutely nothing, since she never worked long enough to even qualify for SS. He's scared to death to retire, even though he turns 65 this year and desperately wants to go, in fact if it wasn't for his wife not working he said he would have been gone a couple of years ago. He wants to be sure she has something to live on once he passes, his health isn't good and going down hill, he doesn't think he'll make 70, the men in his family all died in their early 60s. If he would retire now he'd have to buy an Obamacare health policy for her until she turns 65, about a year after him, so he stays on here covering her on the company policy until she can get Medicare. That will put him around 66 + yrs. old. She also a bit of a hypochondriac so any health issues could really hurt him, given the high deductible requirements of the government polices.

He said he looked in to a divorce a few years back but the attorney said he'd lose half of everything he's earned or put aside, since she had nothing (not other assets) to offset anything, so he stays and puts up with it. He's mentioned to her getting help for her "issues" but she doesn't think there is any problem and goes crazy when he suggests it, so he stopped doing that. I kinda feel sorry for him but he's made this bed and won't do anything to even attempt to correct any of the issues in his control. We go back in forth among a couple of us what we would do in his situation, but knowing he won't do anything for himself. I don't think he even has a pair of big boy pants to deal with her.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #58  
Im going to make one small point kinda off course from the other posters. Tractors lose very little resale value over time. I bought my tractor new about 15 years ago and its worth almost what I paid for it. Less for inflation of course. If the author of the thread did buy a tractor and for some reason couldn't pay for it or decided he just didn't need it he could certainly recoup most of his money.
From past experiences a land owner who needed a pond or small lake on his property would buy a dozer, build his pond, and then resale the equiptment. Almost free pond.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #59  
Im going to make one small point kinda off course from the other posters. Tractors lose very little resale value over time. I bought my tractor new about 15 years ago and its worth almost what I paid for it. Less for inflation of course. If the author of the thread did buy a tractor and for some reason couldn't pay for it or decided he just didn't need it he could certainly recoup most of his money.
From past experiences a land owner who needed a pond or small lake on his property would buy a dozer, build his pond, and then resale the equiptment. Almost free pond.

If I could float another big asset like that, I'd sure do it too. You make a valid point about resale.

Looking at the comparables on tractorhouse for my machine, I'd be up if I sold it for what they're asking for them now. As inflation rises, the cost of new machines goes up and the value of old ones rises as well. They're tools, and tools usually have intrinsic value despite age.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #60  
You guys aren't listening to his question. He's asking for tips on easy lenders.. also. Putting his real money in a tractor is bad advice. He's good to Finance it. Money on hand is best put to working making more money.