Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #1  

riseandgrind

Tractor
None Yet
Like the title says. Own a 1 acre lot and looking to pickup a small sized tractor. Would love a Kubota, but the price point is to steep for me considering the amount of use I will realistically use the tractor.

Looking at 2 tractors today, both of which I think will fit the bill. Iseki TU2100 Or Mitsubishi MT180D
Both are 4wd
Both are geared Transmissions
Both have FEL and Gannon
Iseki is 23HP and the Mitsubishi is 18HP

Overall based on looks the Mitsu is nice looking then the Iseki, but I don't care about looks, I want it to be mechanically sound.
Is there really that big of a difference between 23HP and 18HP in a small tractor this size?

I will mostly be using the box scraper to keep weeds down and lever my yard. Have a driveway to redo and speed gravel and will do light loader work.

Both are priced similar - Parts availably seems similar for both units. I guess my only main factor would be the HP difference.

Any Opinions?

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #2  
Is there any weight difference? More weight = more traction. Normally HP only makes difference in pto operations but percentage wise, that's a a 28% increase.

What's the difference in gallons/minute on the hydraulic pump?

Are you sure you want gear and not hydrostatic transmission?

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #3  
By Gannon, you mean box blade?

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki
Yes sorry Box Blade
Mits weighs 1380 and the Iseki weighs according to random site 600 but that doesn't seem accurate at all maybe its a typo and 1600
Would Prefer a HST transmission, but most HST are out of my budget.

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #5  
In that power range, weight/traction is more important than horsepower numbers IMHO.

I'm assuming both are used?

Age?

Cosmetic Condition?

Tire condition?

Hours?

In that power range, weight/traction is more important than horsepower numbers IMHO.

I'm assuming both are used?

Age?

Cosmetic Condition?

Tire condition?

Hours?

Yes used, both have new tires actually, Iseki was only made 81-84 and the Mits was 84-91

Neither unit has a year thats been identified. One says 175hrs the other 334hrs who know how accurate. Mits is a 1 owner and looks nicer, I have not inspected in person yet. I know the Iseki has a bulldog FEL and not sure of the FEL on the Mits

Edit the iseki is 1600lbs

Last edited:
Thanks. Those are the links I have researched.
My questions were more about the difference in HP and wondered if I should hold out for a HST

/ Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #9  
My first CUT was a 15hp (PTO) Shibaura SD1500AO. It was a 2 cylinder and had rice tires. It sipped the fuel and was a brute. I had a 4' rough cut rotary mower, and I cut trails through brush that was eight feet tall! No guards, and I had to put an overrunning PTO adapter on it. I sold it to buy a John Deere 850. I almost wish I had been able to keep that tractor. I only had 2 complaints. Kind of a cramped work station, and tippy on side hills due to narrow stance.

Having said that, you will be surprised what you will be able to do with these tractors. Which one feels better to operate (controls, steering, ergonomics, etc.)? I am guessing the Iseki is heavier, has more speeds in transmission, might be wider AND has bigger tires. If all else is equal I would go for the bigger is better approach - especially the tires. Just out of curiosity how much $$ are they asking.

When I bought my first CUT, I wish I could have bought a 40 HP New Holland, but my billfold and my wife said I needed to start with a 15hp Shibaura. The beauty of these things is that you can buy them, use them, and then sell them later for about what you paid for them. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• shibaura barn3.jpg
    shibaura barn3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 310
   / Buying Advice 1acre Home Tractor Mitsubishi or Iseki #10  
I had a 15 HP kubota. It was a good yractor.