Buying Advice Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #1  

katetx

Tractor
None
I am a newbie to country life. In a nutshell I have been looking at Kubotas and Deere. With that said now that Cabela's is discontinuing their tractor line they have DEEPLY discounted them. I have a quote on a 55 hp, hydrostatic, cab tractor. They are asking $25,166.99 for the tractor alone. My biggest fear is parts and service. BUT with Kubota and Deere I would be paying at LEAST $10,000 more for the tractor alone. Please I need some help here. Should I just pay more and get a Kubota or Deere or am I over thinking this? Thank you. Please be honest and don't sugar coat.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #2  
I wholesale equiptment payless now get lot less later - and the headaches in the middle. buy a deere or Kubota pay a little [ lot more] but you have the piece of mind that if need something they are just a phone call / short drive away . and I read it on here this morning when they have your estate sale there will be something worth money there.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #3  
There was a recent posting on tractorbynet about the Cabelas tractor bail-out. The actual manufacturer was identified and the tractor line-up was the same. Do a search to see. Sounds like a lotta tractor for a new bee.

prs

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #4  
Agree, that is a lot of tractor for a newbie -- what do you plan to do with it?

Cabelas tractors were made by TYM. Maybe research into that brand and their dealer support in your area. Might also want to see what a straight TYM would cost you.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #5  
Bottom line is, it's a TYM built tractor, SO the only REAL chance you are taking is, will there be a teck at Cabelas IF you need warr. work??

IF you don't need warr., then there's nothing to worry about, as you can go to a TYM dealer for parts...

BTW, TYM dealers have already been warned that they will NOT get paid for warr. work from TYM, IF they do any warr. on a Cabelas tractor.

SR

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE
I am on 21 acres but I am on sandy loam/clay. I have major erosion issues so that is why I was considering a larger tractor. A lot of dirt work. Thanks for the advise I will do that. I personally like Deere and Kubota for the parts and service. I have a feeling that if I buy the Cabelas in the long run it may not be such a good deal after all.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #7  
Bottom line is, it's a TYM built tractor, SO the only REAL chance you are taking is, will there be a teck at Cabelas IF you need warr. work??

IF you don't need warr., then there's nothing to worry about, as you can go to a TYM dealer for parts...

BTW, TYM dealers have already been warned that they will NOT get paid for warr. work from TYM, IF they do any warr. on a Cabelas tractor.

SR

Thats a low shot.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #8  

SR

Interesting. Is this something that was in the news or something you heard from a dealer?

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #9  
That sounds like a lot of tractor for 25k. If a TYM dealer can service it after the warranty is out I'd say go for it. A bigger heavier tractor will give you many advantages of lighter models.

I bought a Bobcat (Kioti) after they decided to quit the tractor business and came out fine when I got rid of it.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #10  
I can under the warranty issue. I had a friend who had a Chevy Nova made around 1990 and that was made by Toyota. He was told for any warranty work he had to see Chevy for it not Toyota. This was because of how Chevy purchased it from the manufacturer Toyota. That not to say it doesn't change in the future. I would guess that to be the same for Kioti who made the tractors Bobcat. I also doubt if LS did warranty work on Farmtraks. When they are selling a new tractor at a used tractor price warranty isn't top priority. Being able to get parts if needed is and that shouldn't be a problem as there are more TYM dealers than Cabela tractor stores.