Comparison The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #11  
and the Kubota DOES have a skidsteer-type quick attach on the loader, not available from the factory on the Yanmar.

that's a huge selling point IMO.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #12  
that's a huge selling point IMO.

But not enough to overcome the 7HP, jump in class, and just generally more powerful tractor. The OP isn't comparing apples to apples, the comparable kubota is the L3200, or L3301, or even the L3560.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property
But not enough to overcome the 7HP, jump in class, and just generally more powerful tractor. The OP isn't comparing apples to apples, the comparable kubota is the L3200, or L3301, or even the L3560.

Agreed and understood.

The EX3200 is a porterhouse steak on a ground beef budget.

There are quick attach conversion brackets that pin right on to the FEL that can be had for around $800, plus the cost fab work to existing bucket. Figure $1,000 more out of pocket.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #14  
Take a look at the Kubota L2501.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #16  
Agreed and understood.

The EX3200 is a porterhouse steak on a ground beef budget.

There are quick attach conversion brackets that pin right on to the FEL that can be had for around $800, plus the cost fab work to existing bucket. Figure $1,000 more out of pocket.

At 19K you are already over the price of my CK35HST without financing, which is a bigger tractor than both the mentioned ones (and has SSQA). You might find it worth your while to take another look around. LS tractors come to mind. I just think that you will find both the kubota and the yanmar too light and small for what you want to do.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #17  
PAKraig, are you comparing the 2 models because they cost the same or very close?

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #18  
As a biased Kubota lover, I was thinking the Yanmar was a better choice, because the B2601 is too small and light for your needs, IMO. The SSQA is a seriously useful item, however.

I would consider a small L Kubota, as was mentioned above. Of course, a good dealership might be important, but the odds are that it won't matter. I have gotten along very well with three used Kubotas and no dealership involvement at all. (I order from Messicks or whoever has the best price on filters and fluids, but never needed service that I, a semi-competent mechanic at best, probably not even that good) couldn't do myself. I have a shop and tools, so no excuse not to do maintenance myself.

I am trying to say this: my L3400 with its 78" plow is about as light/small as I would want for pushing snow, and its about 4000 lbs with loader, plow, chains, weight box, etc. The old L3130 was better sized, but just too heavy for use on the grass areas unless we were in a drought situation with hard, dry ground. I did like the tractor, otherwise.

Weight is your friend is right! Having someone you know who's a mechanic should put you at ease buying a used tractor, which should give you a lot more for your money, and give more satisfaction over the long haul.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property
At 19K you are already over the price of my CK35HST without financing, which is a bigger tractor than both the mentioned ones (and has SSQA). You might find it worth your while to take another look around. LS tractors come to mind. I just think that you will find both the kubota and the yanmar too light and small for what you want to do.

$16300 for EX3200 w/ FEL w/ local financial institution financing. I can live with that. Seems like a lot of tractor for the money. Priced an L2501 at $18,600 w/ loader.

I really like the features and fit and finish of the B series Kubotas, but agree, I'm probably going to need a little more tractor.

/ The right tractor for snow removal and maintaining property #20  
Welcome to TBN.................

I agree with some of the others.
More weight and HP is good for your needs. I moved up from 26 to 36 HP tractor two years ago.
Check other brands as mentioned like Kioti and LS. I think they will also be in your price range, if not they won't be much more. They will also come with the SSQA loader which will be very handy changing implements.