Buying Advice Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #1  

steveta

Tractor
Ventrac 4500Y
I have a a 9 acre school campus with lots of parking lots, walkways, and open fields. I want to use the Toolcat with a snow pusher or snow blade to plow the parking lots and roadways and a spreader for salt. For cutting grass I want to add a mower to the front. I want to use it to pull a trailer for hauling trash around as well.
Has anyone used the Toolcat for those applications or can someone recommend a better idea.

Thanks in advance.

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #2  
A toolcat is pretty heavy for cutting grass. A ZTR is a much better choice for cutting grass. Also a Toolcat is very expensive.

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #3  
I think you'd be better served with a larger CUT and a carryall off the back for when you need a bed. Then get a spreader for the salt, mower for mowing, and a snow thrower for snow. I think you can do all that for what the base toolcat costs. As 4570man so astutely stated - they're expensive!

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #4  
Sounds like you need a front mount mower (such as a Kubota F3990) with a cab and a snowblower. That will let you use a spreader on the back and blow the snow away.
Its a lot lighter (1700# vs 5600#) so it will be easier on the grass and it will fit down the sidewalks better.

Aaron Z

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #6  
I've never understood the application for a Toolcat. Its an expensive comprise. You could buy a zero turn mower, UTV, and small tractor for about the same price.

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #7  
I've never understood the application for a Toolcat. Its an expensive comprise. You could buy a zero turn mower, UTV, and small tractor for about the same price.
Plus, most places that could afford a toolcat have more than one guy working, and with the setup you described they could all work on separate jobs. I bet the price tag on the hydraulic finish mower for the toolcat is nearly as much as a good ZTR.

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility

Can you recommend a good ZTM, a UTV for pulling trailer and salting, and a goot tractor for plowing roads and lots?

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #9  
How much is the budget for all of this?

How much ground is there to mow?

How much pavement to plow?

We need more info for scale, and budget to keep things reasonable. A new toolcat is 50K plus. You can buy some really sweet stuff for 50K.

/ Bobcat Toolcat- Is it the right tractor for my Facility #10  
How big are your lots? A 50 car lot takes less of a machine than a 500 car lot.

Aaron Z