Buying Advice looking to buy a new lawn mower.cant make up my mind to meny to choose from.

/ looking to buy a new lawn mower.cant make up my mind to meny to choose from. #21  
1,000 hours per year.
Assuming around 35 cuts per year = 28 hours per cut

We mow a 7 acre lawn and put around 70 hours a year on our zero turn.
My tractor often helps with the mowing, but the zero turn does the majority it.

Well here is a story for you guys.
My dad bought a new Sears 15HP rider (single cyl. Briggs) in 1972.
Sears mowers were built by Roper in those days.
The machine mowed 4 acres for 40 years, (50 hrs/yr.?) and now mows 2 acres (in semi-retirement) at my summer cottage.
This summer will be it's 44th season. Repairs have been grease/oil/belts/front tires/plugs/batteries/blades/muffler.
It was built with 1/4" & 3/16" steel, except for the hood and fenders.
Still runs like a champ. A guess at the total hours,..... 2000+?.
Sears machines today, are junk in comparison!

/ looking to buy a new lawn mower.cant make up my mind to meny to choose from. #22  
We had an old Sears garden tractor of the same vintage, and it was very well built. Thick steel plate and framing as you mentioned. I wish we still had it in the family! I am sure it would still be in use. My dad sold it at a yardsale in the mid-90s and it was still going strong. We used it a lot harder than a garden tractor -- hauling a lot of heavy stuff in the steel dump wagon, like firewood, rocks, etc. And for years my brother and I used it like a go-cart in the woods. Modern garden tractors are much lighter duty nowadays.

/ looking to buy a new lawn mower.cant make up my mind to meny to choose from. #23  
I am guessing you have a nice flat level yard. Ditches,stumps,tree roots and steep hills will shorten the life of any mower. It will kill the cheap ones. The deck and transmission will not hold up to constant abuse.

I have all but the steep hills. Guess that would kill a hydro for sure. Maybe I've just been lucky.