Buying Advice The evolution of Chinese Tractors

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #1  

RobJ34449

Tractor
Agrison 80HP Deutz
Hi guys I am quite new to this forum. I have just bought myself a chinese tractor and yes i was sceptical for a while, there has been this constant bashing of chinese tractors...well products really. Every thing comes from china, and all machinery these days are coming from China including major international brands. I have posted before but feel the need to post again that the Agrison 80hp I recently purchased is made in the deutz fahr factory in china. and whats even more obvious is the overall quality finish, from the seals to the welding, paint job, hydraulic hoses is possibly the best I've seen on chinese tractors to date. I'm still in awe that i only paid $29,990 for it :cool2::cool2::cool2: sorry don't want to be seen as a rant, but honestly chinese tractors have come a very long way and seeing as they are now even made in top factories with other international brands, could be the reason why they are evolving over time. very interested in hearing about everyone else and their experience with chinese tractors overall. would love to hear from you.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #2  
Got any pictures of your tractor? How about some action shots?

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #3  
I am sure they are and will be evolving further over time, however I and I am sure others, are not willing to spend their hard earned money to find out if they have evolved enough.

With plenty of brands in the marked that involve zero risk, why buy Chinese?

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #4  
I was at this thread, this guy didn't sound happy with his Agrison tractor, could be just a down under problem.

> (Agrison tractor problems 50 HP model 2011)<

Att all Agrison owners and Tractor by net users,

I have attached some pictures regarding a problem that has occurred internally with an Agrison 50HP 2011 Model tractor.

The pictures depict a lubrication problem that has occurred internally within the engine that has scorched the timing gears and proceeded further to a major hydraulic failure with the pump, timing gears shaft etc.

The issue that I face as an Agrison customer are the parts example the red bearing that is visible in the picture is non lubricated and the timing gears that have only lasted 470HRS including a hydraulic pump,
Agrison only have parts warranty and there parts are not new parts as I have evidence of parts already sent.
The tractor is currently inoperable and has been since Approximately February 2014.

This problem has occurred from a catastrophic failure within the engine I would like to here from interested readers and users of this site for there productive feed back and ideas that may help to rectify this problem.

Agrison Pty Ltd will not return my phone calls or emails regarding this problem as they prefer to wipe there hands clean when problems arise like this.
This one wont go away in hurry
Regards Agrison consumer.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #5  
I looked at Chinese tractors some years ago. I was quite taken with one model and got to drive it and use the FEL on a heap of gravel. When I spoke to the salesman I asked what the warranty was. He looked at me and said, " there is no warranty" !! That was the end of that, but it made me realize there was a bit more to a well known name brand tractor than just the price.

To top it all off, a few months later I saw a number of complaints involving the Chinese tractor I had looked at regarding them breaking in half through the bell housing. I believe it related to tractors fitted with a FEL mainly.

I am also aware that there has been more than one complaint with Agrison as well and they are not the only ones.

I am led to believe there are 2 builds of Mahindra as well. One for the local/home market and one for export which is a much refined model to meet competitive standards with other name brands.
You get what you pay for. This doesn't only apply to tractors.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors
I am sure they are and will be evolving further over time, however I and I am sure others, are not willing to spend their hard earned money to find out if they have evolved enough. With plenty of brands in the marked that involve zero risk, why buy Chinese?
I'm staying positive so far so good. Seems like the whole world is steering towards Chinese manufacturing and their tractors seem like they are getting better over time and I don't mind getting my hand dirty here and there

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #7  
I tell people all the time about my Chinese tractor experience. The key to them is that you have to be handy and willing to work on them and search for parts when it breaks. (which they do). Also, if you plan ahead you can get your filters in American sizes and brands. And make sure you have the service manual lined up for it too. They are usually in "chinglish" and the bolts as well. On ours I find some sockets in standard and some are metric sizes. It varies along with the rest of the machine. You just have to understand it all and be able to work on it as such. I don't really mind and the tractor does the job it was intended to do at the price point we expected.

Steve Jinma/Farmpro 2420

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #8  
A tractor can be built in China with specs equal or better to the US, Germany or Japan. They won't however unless all aspects of manufacturing are continuously monitored to prevent "cost cutting and profit increasing".

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #9  
It seems that many has to get their hand dirty at very low hours on Chinese tractors, on a normal tractor it should not be more much more than service the first 5000h

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors
It seems that many has to get their hand dirty at very low hours on Chinese tractors, on a normal tractor it should not be more much more than service the first 5000h
I guess you have a point but what is a normal tractor these days? I've worked on new Hollands and case tractors brand new under 500 hours electrical failures. The tractors these days have turned into robots too much electronics I can't keep up. That's why I prefer the Chinese so much easier to work on and work out what went wrong and easily fixed