Cabelas Close Outs

/ Cabelas Close Outs #21  
You can see the pricing on their tractors on line or at least you could a couple months back AND it was cheaper than the displayed price by a few hundred. The Cabela's in Louisiana still had 6 or 7 tractors on the lot the last lime I was there about a month ago. I would seriously consider one but I will be buying a 85 to 100 hp tractor in the next year or two.

Kenny

/ Cabelas Close Outs #22  
You can see the pricing on their tractors on line or at least you could a couple months back AND it was cheaper than the displayed price by a few hundred. The Cabela's in Louisiana still had 6 or 7 tractors on the lot the last lime I was there about a month ago. I would seriously consider one but I will be buying a 85 to 100 hp tractor in the next year or two.

Kenny
Was there yesterday still have about 7 sitting outside with two parked out front with a closeout sign.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #25  
Plus fees, I know it brought the cabbed 55hp to $30750.00 when I was quoted a couple weeks back. Which I'm sure a person could perhaps haggle a TYM dealer down to that on the TYM 55hp. Still a lot of tractor and options for that price though.
Agreed... That's alot of tractor for the price

/ Cabelas Close Outs #26  
My local salesman has told me that current price will hold thru March, look for a little drop in April.... I'd expect to see them slowly drop price. I'd hold out for a while if you don't need desperately and wait till April. I needed to get ground tilled up, so I pulled trigger on the small tiller. Could have saved a bit by buying a different brand, but it will be set up for my lm25, no cutting shafts by me needed. And I think I would get as good a warranty as the stuff that tractor supply or oscheilns sells here.... They for sure don't work on them.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #27  
I wonder if TYM dealers will charge a different rate on Cabela's machines. This selloff has to be a huge PITA to them.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #28  
I wonder if TYM dealers will charge a different rate on Cabela's machines. This selloff has to be a huge PITA to them.

I would see this as a great advantage to TYM dealers if they choose to make it so:

1. Cabelas is responsible for performing all warranty work so they do it with cabelas service centers or pay TYM dealers to do it . . . or they hire 3rd party service centers to do it. TYM dealers can't lose on this because if Cabelas is paying a TYM dealer in an area where no cabelas setvice center can do the work . . the TYM dealer charges their rate . . not a warranty rate. Otherwise the TYM dealer wouldn't have gotten the work anyway . . TYM dealer can't lose on this.

2. TYM dealers may not sell big piles of tractors in an area where Cabelas has a bunch of them to sell . . but guaranteed they will get lots of prospective contacts for quotes and implements cabelas is out of, and services work that is not warranty related.

3. TYM dealers can't "lose" when it comes to competitive quotes against Cabelas product. Why? Because the worst thing that happens to a dealer is to create long term negatives like "the TYM dealer is too expensive on everything". The point is, everyone can essily understand and excuse the TYM dealer quote as being higher than the Cabelas closeout quote. Everyone knows closeout is an artificailly low price . . so no one blames TYM dealers for not being able to match the price at Cabelas. But again . . It brings the prospects to the dealership where they can say they will be able to service any non-warranty needs and after-warranty needs . . so prospects get a positive view of the TYM dealership.

4. In effect . . TYM dealers are getting a ton . . a ton . . of free advertising and awareness recognition. All they have to do is be smart. The opportunity for TYM dealers is great for the long term benefits (at no cost to them), they can potentially pick up some warranty work at their normal shop rates and with no risk or hassles or inventory requirements or battles with the TYM company, AND a TYM dealer can get the Cabelas prospect "exactly the size and features" the prospect desires if Cabelas has 3 sizes left that aren't the prospects desire.

If I were a TYM dealer right now, I'd be spending time and effort getting my dealership spic and span clean and have displays looking handsome. Evety employee would have new looking shirts on and the outside would be tidy and a focus on employee smiles and customer prospect focus. I'd have a handout on the dealership and plenty of brochures. And normal open house spring events should be boosted in desirability now . . now . . now.

Why? Because this has opportunity for TYM dealers written all over it. Someone else (Cabelas) is paying for the TYM business to thrive.

If you think this is bad for TYM dealers . . you aren't recognizing the publicity and motivation desires it is creating in prospects and in the TYM business model in my opinion. But TYM dealers need to be smart . . they don't need to discount excessively . . they need to show they have great selection, clean and tidy operations, and will be around next month with solutions and stability.

All smiles at the dealerships . . all clean and pleasant . . its show time and most of it is completely free of cost to them :)

/ Cabelas Close Outs #29  
As an example of my prior post above . . Look how many threads on tbn have been created to discuss cabelas tractors/tym tractors in the last 5 weeks. And many othet threads are also mentioning cabelas/tym tractors that normally wouldn't prior to the closeout announcement.

Prospects are checking out products they would never have considered prior. A gold mine of publicity for TYM dealers.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #30  
As an example of my prior post above . . Look how many threads on tbn have been created to discuss cabelas tractors/tym tractors in the last 5 weeks. And many othet threads are also mentioning cabelas/tym tractors that normally wouldn't prior to the closeout announcement.

Prospects are checking out products they would never have considered prior. A gold mine of publicity for TYM dealers.

I got substantial market response when I had a large lot of slightly blemished product and I pushed it out at a reasonable discount. That's an opportunity to get known. Your merchandise does nothing for your reputation if it's not in the field being used. As I often tell people trying to get into fabrication work - good work begets more work. Once word gets around, you start being more valuable and sought after. Same thing for TYM here - Cabela's is breeding future customers for TYM. It's certainly in their best interest to not alienate the people who buy the green versions. Once those are gone, all the positive response will fall back to the TYM dealer to capitalize on. As was said, this could be used very well for the dealer who has consideration for 3-4 years from now and future potential customers to come.