Buying Advice Buying a New JD with front end loader

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader #1  

Mike 44

Tractor
JD 3020, 450C bulldozer
I am in the market for a new JD with a front end loader and cab. I primarily do shredding with a 14 ' shredder. I will need around 100 hp. Are there an recommendations? Any to models stay away from?
I currently own a JD 3020 and a 450C bulldozer, I am have really been impressed with both tractors, and that is why I am starting my search with JD.
Any advice is appreciated.

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader #2  
Today I got to try out a 6105M. I looked at the 6105D in the past and the transmission (no power shift) was a show stopper. When I had a 6M quoted a few years back it was significantly higher than the Kubota I ended up buying. One month after I purchased the Kubota JD came out with a program adding a free loader to the 6M that would have caused me to re-evaluate. For me, the 6 series is head and shoulders above the 5 series but it is also $$$$$.

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader #3  
I know you have started your search with JD Mike, but if you want to give any thought to another color I recommend MF to you. I have a 4610 with a FEL. It has a power shuttle which makes loader work a dream. It is around 100 HP. It has a 3 cylinder which is very economical in fuel consumption. I pulled a 5-14 plow with it and burned between 1.5 and 2 gallons per hour. Put some fluid in the back tires and it will flat out pull. It also offers a very comfortable ride out in the field thus taking away the typical operator fatigue. I was able to get mine for right around 50k.

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader #4  
I know you have started your search with JD Mike, but if you want to give any thought to another color I recommend MF to you. I have a 4610 with a FEL. It has a power shuttle which makes loader work a dream. It is around 100 HP. It has a 3 cylinder which is very economical in fuel consumption. I pulled a 5-14 plow with it and burned between 1.5 and 2 gallons per hour. Put some fluid in the back tires and it will flat out pull. It also offers a very comfortable ride out in the field thus taking away the typical operator fatigue. I was able to get mine for right around 50k.

I don't mean to be rude, but a 100 horsepower tractor pulling a 5 bottom plow using 1.5-2 gallons of diesel per hour seems way to good to be true.

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader #5  
New or used?
If used avoid IVT gearbox in 20 series. Has internal solinoids on the gearbox. $6000.00 to replace a $200.00 part. JD 30 series has EXternal solinoids on ivt and I am told is much cheaper to repair.
Mike44, what is your fuel storage like? Do you run all fuel through a filter as you fill up? A modern (common rail engine) tractor does NOT tolerate fuel impurities like your older tech machines will. Just a factor that you need to be aware of when making your next purchase. ( A monkey of a worker caused $14k of damage to a friends 1 year tractor (100 hp)by not using filtered fuel when they ran out.)
Test the tractor under operational conditions and pay attention to the ergonomics. eg MF with a "dynashift 4" gearbox has an uncomfortable reach to the gearshift for me. A JD has an uncomfortable reach/angle on the 3rd scv control. No 1 scv gets the most use and with wear, (7000 hrs +) won't stay in float.. Change the scv couplings first as they are much cheaper and usually works. $1300.00 each to repair if the guts need to be replaced .

/ Buying a New JD with front end loader
From what I can tell by internet searches they are pricey. Probably around $100 grand. But I bet they are nice
Thanks for you input.

Thank you for the input. I will check out your suggested model.

redman135. I am going to begin my search new. The filter tip is great. I get away with a lot with my old tractors fuel quality. I hope the dealers will give me a chance to try their tractors under field conditions.