Looking at Mahindra -Opinions?

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #1  

GPintheMitten

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N
My daughter and son-in-law have a 40 acre horse farm and have been getting by (barely) with a BX2670 (I think) with a very small loader. I have often brought my B2620 including the BH65 backhoe to her place to help.

Moving gravel, feed, manure and brush hogging is a pain (literally) with this small tractor. My daughter is currently in extreme back pain from a recent binge of moving 2 gravel trains of gravel. My sil has been looking at Mahindras at a nearby New Holland dealer. He is considering the 1538 Cab model.

I have no experience or knowledge of Mahindras. Any opinions? There is also a Kioti dealer - Michigan Iron - fairly near but further away. I'm thinking he may want to look there as well.

Also, once she gets her back healed up, what seat should she look for in those two manufacturers, or other brands that have good seats.

I've considering just letting them keep my B2620 at their place and use it as much as they want because I don't really need it here because my other son-in-law and step daughter live here in our duplex and he has a Zero turn mower and LS 46 HP Cab tractor.

But I'm not sure my B model is really what they need.

Thoughts?

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #2  
My daughter and son-in-law have a 40 acre horse farm and have been getting by (barely) with a BX2670 (I think) with a very small loader. I have often brought my B2620 including the BH65 backhoe to her place to help.

Moving gravel, feed, manure and brush hogging is a pain (literally) with this small tractor. My daughter is currently in extreme back pain from a recent binge of moving 2 gravel trains of gravel. My sil has been looking at Mahindras at a nearby New Holland dealer. He is considering the 1538 Cab model.

I have no experience or knowledge of Mahindras. Any opinions? There is also a Kioti dealer - Michigan Iron - fairly near but further away. I'm thinking he may want to look there as well.

Also, once she gets her back healed up, what seat should she look for in those two manufacturers, or other brands that have good seats.

I've considering just letting them keep my B2620 at their place and use it as much as they want because I don't really need it here because my other son-in-law and step daughter live here in our duplex and he has a Zero turn mower and LS 46 HP Cab tractor.

But I'm not sure my B model is really what they need.

Thoughts?

I would have them look at either a Mahindra 3540 cab or a Kioti NX4510 cab. Waaaaaay more tractor for a few grand more. Way more tractor. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Either would be a nice machine to have. The 1538 does not have a good seat IMO. :no:

Good luck ;)

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #4  
If I remember right, the 1500 series is built by Mitsubishi....... A real fine tractor.

My 3016 is a Mitsu and the 1500 series is it's direct replacement to meet Tier 4 specs. In my opinion, you can't do better than than a Mitsu built Mahindra. Remember, Mahindra is one of the few or perhaps the only tier 4 that has no regens or special stuff added to meet tier 4 specs.... a huge deal in my opinion.

I find NOTHING wrong with my seat other than it's not adjustable up and down...and I don't care. It goes back and forth and the tilt wheel makes the controls very comfortable to me. I'm 6'3" and it suits me fine. I certainly would not pass up a super machine just because the seat is not up to someone's opinion of perfection.

Look at it, sit in it, drive in it and get convinced it's a great machine.

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #5  
If I remember right, the 1500 series is built by Mitsubishi....... A real fine tractor.

My 3016 is a Mitsu and the 1500 series is it's direct replacement to meet Tier 4 specs. In my opinion, you can't do better than than a Mitsu built Mahindra. Remember, Mahindra is one of the few or perhaps the only tier 4 that has no regens or special stuff added to meet tier 4 specs.... a huge deal in my opinion.

I find NOTHING wrong with my seat other than it's not adjustable up and down...and I don't care. It goes back and forth and the tilt wheel makes the controls very comfortable to me. I'm 6'3" and it suits me fine. I certainly would not pass up a super machine just because the seat is not up to someone's opinion of perfection.

Look at it, sit in it, drive in it and get convinced it's a great machine.

Just wondering, have you looked at the 1500 series machines? They are not like yours at all other than the 1526 is close. While they are fine machines, like you I like the Mitsubishi machines, I have had a Mahindra 3215HST for the past 8-9 years, a great little machine, but for a few $K more you can get close to twice the machine and his kids sound like they could use more tractor than what the 1538 is.

As far as having a suspension seat, simply no comparison to a spring seat. I had the dealer change mine out before I ever picked the tractor up. Sat in it once, that was enough for me to know that I sure did not want to be setting in that seat for any length of time. :no:

Just my :2cents:, no big deal one way or the other. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 172
   / Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #6  
yeah, I checked out the 1533 and the 1538. When I did, they were the replacement for the 3016. They are still Mitsu built and excellent machines...but slightly larger. If the 3016 was not available at the time I got mine, I would have gotten the 1533. But I thought they still needed a machine that was the same size as the 3016 and just recently they reintroduced the 3016 as the 1526 but with a Mahindra tier 4 engine. Pretty much identical except for the engine swap out.

I still stick with my opinion that there is nothing wrong with the standard seat. It's just a standard seat, not a deluxe seat. I have no issues with mine. Maybe I'm more of a hardazz than you. :)

I would not abandon an excellent tractor because the seat wasn't fancy enough. I'd abandon the seat, if I felt it necessary.

As far as what he needs, the 1538 would be a big improvement over the B Kubota...in about every way. They're not even in the same class.

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions?
Thanks for all the comments. I haven't read them yet but will later tonight. I just talked to him and I found out he is actually considering a 55 HP unit with an 8 foot brush hog. I'm heading over to their place now to help them get their UTV unstuck from a foot of mud.

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #8  
yeah, I checked out the 1533 and the 1538. When I did, they were the replacement for the 3016. They are still Mitsu built and excellent machines...but slightly larger. If the 3016 was not available at the time I got mine, I would have gotten the 1533. But I thought they still needed a machine that was the same size as the 3016 and just recently they reintroduced the 3016 as the 1526 but with a Mahindra tier 4 engine. Pretty much identical except for the engine swap out.

I still stick with my opinion that there is nothing wrong with the standard seat. It's just a standard seat, not a deluxe seat. I have no issues with mine. Maybe I'm more of a hardazz than you. :)

I would not abandon an excellent tractor because the seat wasn't fancy enough. I'd abandon the seat, if I felt it necessary.

As far as what he needs, the 1538 would be a big improvement over the B Kubota...in about every way. They're not even in the same class.

That is exactly what I did, had a suspension seat installed from a Mahindra 7520. I'm of the notion of why not be as comfortable as I can when the cost is minimal. I have no idea as to what all you do with your tractor and for what periods of time, but there are times when I'm in the seat for 10-12 hours at a time. I want to be as comfortable as I can be within reason.

Never said that the 1538 wouldn't be a big improvement over his B, just that a 40+hp, next larger frame size is a whole lot more tractor for a few $K more.

The whole seat thing was brought up by the OP. "Also, once she gets her back healed up, what seat should she look for in those two manufacturers, or other brands that have good seats"

Again, just my :2cents: and what has worked well for me.;)

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #9  
I looked over the Mahindra's pretty close when I was tractor shopping. My buddy is in sales at the dealership. I looked at 30 to 55 hp tractors. I saw nothing wrong with the Mahindra's. In fact the Tier 4 compliance with no added equipment is a big deal to me. I didn't see any problems with the seats. In the end I bought an LS simply due to it being considerably less expensive.

Functionally wise I would have been happy with a Mahindra.

/ Looking at Mahindra -Opinions? #10  
I looked over the Mahindra's pretty close when I was tractor shopping. My buddy is in sales at the dealership. I looked at 30 to 55 hp tractors. I saw nothing wrong with the Mahindra's. In fact the Tier 4 compliance with no added equipment is a big deal to me. I didn't see any problems with the seats. In the end I bought an LS simply due to it being considerably less expensive. Functionally wise I would have been happy with a Mahindra.

Mahindra along with all other manufactures have added equipment to meet tier 4 compliance. They went with a DOC. Some went with a DPF. Some went DOC with a DPF. They both have positives and negatives. Only time will tell which is better. Mahindra is not the only one that went this route.