Comparison Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #1  

TxTriggerman

Tractor
none
Greetings! I have a small acreage and plan to garden, mow and do a little dirt work on my property. I grew up on in the cow/calf ranch business and have run every kind of equipment that goes with it. I'm planning on buying a Sub-Compact tractor in the next 30 days. There are VERY few good used ones out there and everyone who has one seems to be asking a price for which I can buy new. I'm looking at some of the package deals on Branson and TYM. Both seem like good machines and both come with FELs and a few other attachments. Both have local servicing dealers and are very close in price. I'm leaning toward paying a little more and getting the Branson. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Triggerman

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #2  
Before I got what I have now I was considering a 2400h w/fel and bh up here in NH for a package price of 19600. Not a bad machine. I asked around about them and talked to a repair facility that fixes heavy equipment and he said they aren't the worst. One reason I didn't go with it was dealer support. One guy in a small dealership so I didn't bother. If the dealer is good and you feel comfortable, then why not. Branson/Kukje is descent 😉

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #3  
I did a ton of shopping and decided on the Branson. Mine is bigger than the one you're looking at but the Branson made the most sense. Highest tractor to price ratio, in my book.

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #4  
If you are looking at TYM, take a ride to a cabelas to see if they have a better deal. They are tym built with better loader. I've the smallest, works well for me

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #5  
Both TYM and Branson are by most accounts good tractors, however each of their dealer networks is spotty. When I looked at Branson a few years ago I had a small dealer about 15 miles away, the same for TYM. Now my closest Branson is over 150 mi, and the second closest is over 200. TYM is a little better, but still spotty. Two of the TYM dealers have been converted to Mahindra (who sell TYM built models) but the previous dealers still is are TYM parts/service dealer but no longer sell new TYM's.

The moral of the story is not to just look at your local dealer, but look at the 2nd and 3rd closest dealers also.

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #6  
^^^^Really good advice droptop

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #7  
Personally, I still don't think Branson is as solid of a company as TYM is. I know Branson has been bailed out at least one time and they are shopping HARD for a buyer now. In fact, they are now down to taking bids and no one is bidding any where near what they had hoped to get...

I'm thinking TYM will be a much better bet, to have parts available on down the road!

Just from what I've been personally seeing and reading on the forums, I think TYM is the better tractor anyway...

I just want to make it clear, I'm NOT a TYM dealer, nor do I own one...

SR

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #8  
I looked at both before deciding on the 3520h Branson. So far with <20 hours I am VERY happy.
I did not like the TYM cockpit and prefer the diesel fill better on the Branson.

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #9  
Did you look at LS or Mahindra?

/ Looking for buying advice, please. TYM vs. Branson #10  
Personally, I still don't think Branson is as solid of a company as TYM is. I know Branson has been bailed out at least one time and they are shopping HARD for a buyer now. In fact, they are now down to taking bids and no one is bidding any where near what they had hoped to get...

I've been doing a lot of research on tractor manufacturers and didn't come across any information about a bail out or looking for a buyer. I saw they explored a joint venture six years ago but you have me concerned now.

Is there an industry news website or something where you find info like this? I'm working on an MBA and something like that would be an incredibly useful research tool.

Thank you!