LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450 #1  

fl setwork

Tractor
Kubota MX4800
Hi all, I know you get this stuff all the time from guys like me but this is the go to place for advice.
I have found a new 2013 Yanmar lx 450 shuttle shift with full warranty and a LS XR 4046 for about the same price. Both have loaders with similar specs. The LS is about 800 pounds heaver. My concern is the motor and trans from the Yanmar is proven reliable, I do not know much about the Korean LS. The guys at LS says that they are the same as the NH boomer at a much lower price. Why? Are they the same???
The Yanmar does not have the regen requirements that the LS has. Both dealers are about the same distance and neither one is an operation the scale of the big guys like NH, JD, or Kubota.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450 #2  
Welcome to TBN..........................

LS built the New Holland Boomer series tractors as well as many other brand tractors. LS started selling under their own name back in '95. The LS has a Shibaura 4 cylinder. Shibaura makes a very good engine IMO. There are many XR4046 owners on here and I've heard of no engine problems and very few other problems.
I know Yanmar has been around for a while but no experience with them in my area.

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450 #3  
I have had the EX450 Yanmar since 2009 and it has been flawless for me . Yanmar had been making the small John Deere tractors for years ,then partnered with Cub Cadet ,then started their own marketing in the U.S. ,so they have been around with proven results . Try driving both brands and see which fits you better.

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450
Thanks, I have tried them both and like the handling, finish and style of the LS the best. That being said the LS is a HST and the Yanmar is a shutle shift. The big attraction to the Yanmar is that it dos not have a regen canister to deal with.

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450 #5  
The engine in that LS, as already stated, is a Shibaura. Shibaura made engines, and many tractors, for New Holland. Now LS makes most of the New Holland compacts.

The loader on the Yanmar is actually better, in this comparison, because it lifts higher. Same weight lift, to a higher point, means stronger lift overall.

Why are your comparing one with a HST trans, and the other with a shuttle? If you compare that Yanmar as a HST, it actually has a "linked pedal" option which ties engine RPM directly to the HST pedals, so it can automatically adjust engine speed to desired travel speed... great feature that the LS does not have.

The Yanmar also has nice storage built into the fenders... Nice feature.

/ LS XR4046 or Yanmar LX 450 #6  
Hi all, I know you get this stuff all the time from guys like me but this is the go to place for advice.
I have found a new 2013 Yanmar lx 450 shuttle shift with full warranty and a LS XR 4046 for about the same price. Both have loaders with similar specs. The LS is about 800 pounds heaver. My concern is the motor and trans from the Yanmar is proven reliable, I do not know much about the Korean LS. The guys at LS says that they are the same as the NH boomer at a much lower price. Why? Are they the same???
The Yanmar does not have the regen requirements that the LS has. Both dealers are about the same distance and neither one is an operation the scale of the big guys like NH, JD, or Kubota.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The LS is the same tractor as the NH Boomer, but NH uses their own loader....so a slight difference. Other than that they are made on the same assembly line, and the only differences are headlights/grill/badging.

The only serious drawback to the LS is the lower lift height of the FEL. I had the earlier R4047H and it was a great machine, but I needed something significantly bigger, so I sold it.