Need some input

/ Need some input #1  

851 roger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 851 Powermaster
A local Kioti dealer has offered me a 2011 Kioti DK40se with FEL, 320 hrs a few fender scratches, and normal tire wear for $19,500. He explained that all the new models have emission controls and that is seeming to cause problems. This one does not have any of that stuff. I've shopped Kioti and Mahindra and now I think the Kioti is my choice. Just wanting some of you folks to tell me if this is a fair price.

/ Need some input #2  
A local Kioti dealer has offered me a 2011 Kioti DK40se with FEL, 320 hrs a few fender scratches, and normal tire wear for $19,500. He explained that all the new models have emission controls and that is seeming to cause problems. This one does not have any of that stuff. I've shopped Kioti and Mahindra and now I think the Kioti is my choice. Just wanting some of you folks to tell me if this is a fair price.

That is 1k below what I paid new in 2011

/ Need some input
Well that must say that either they hold their value or he is just way high.
Do you like yours?

/ Need some input #4  
Mine is a 2013 45 horse hydro Cab it is mechanically injected and governed, it has a throttle cable and a muffler, this was the last year before all the emissions hocus pokus.
IMO the older DK series were one of the best tractor values ever offered, great tractors, with very strong loaders.

I'd offer 17 and see if you could get it for 17.5....The problem as a buyer right now is every thing is now tier 4 with all the emissions crap and the dealer knows it.
They are a very good tractor but I would try and beat him up on the price or try and get some implements thrown in for what he is asking.

I would not want a current tier 4 emissions controlled tractor for home use.

Good luck.

/ Need some input #5  
if you like it, have the money or can finance it, it fits your needs, and u will use it, then buy it. if someone tells you that you could have gotten it cheeper elsware, its not identical cause its used and has been taken care of differently. just buy the tractor if you like it and enjoy!!!

/ Need some input #6  
last year my father bought a 2012 cabbed DK40se with 240 hours in nice shape for $24K. just for a reference point

/ Need some input #7  
The problem you might not notice is that price can be different from one area to the next when buying new so then also the price difference for used will be different from one area to the next. During recent shopping for a new tractor I got a few price quotes on new tractors and was actually offered more than that on trade. Now in all honesty I don't want to trade my DK in but wanted to know what they would offer for curiosity and comparison when I hear the fabled "this brand has a higher resale value so buy it" in posts on this web site.

Getting back to your decision the DK has proven to be a very good value and a beast of a machine and knowing what I do of it after a few years of ownership I would not hesitate to pay anything between 17,5 to 19,5 as long as the condition was good and it looks to have been taken care of.

/ Need some input #8  
In order to get comfortable in paying what it will cost, start by checking Tractorhouse for what others are asking. Then, if the Kioti seems like a good tractor, scratches aside, and it is what you want, buy it. The idea is to own the tractor you want, not scrimp and save every possible dollar just to get something less than ideal. Money is just a tool, but a tractor is a TOOL!
I am a Kubota guy, but I have certainly read fine things about Kiotls over the years. Paul Short, a Canadian who has lots of followers both here, on Youtube and other machinery sites, and who owns two Kubotas, has basically said that he could be happy with a Kioti, and in fact might have owned one had the dealer stock been available. He gives the impression of knowing what he is talking about. I don't have to deal with tier 4 stuff, but maybe it isn't the end of the world, as some would think.

Of course, if you buy it, hopefully for a price you like more, you will post lots of photos!

/ Need some input #9  

I was offered one in 2012 for 22,500. I Think the dealer is about 1000 high. He is probably waiting on your counter offer. Offer a bit less and see if he bites or offer that he throw in an implement you want. The dealer most likely expects that. You are in the same geographic area as I am, so these prices we are throwing around should be similar to what you could have gotten.

I paid 19,500 for my DK35se which is less tractor/loader than what you are looking at, but look nearly identical side by side. 3 cylinder vs. 4 cylinder and a few inches shorter with smaller wheels/tires. and a less powerful loader than is normally fitted on the DK40se. I have more hours on mine now than the one you are looking at and I still think of it as nearly new. It is a good machine and you will really enjoy it. You did not mention if it was HST or shuttle. The prices I mentioned were all for HST. the shuttle machines were about 1000 to 1200 cheaper.

/ Need some input #10  
By the way, here is some of the things you can do with one

DSCF0554.JPG
DSCF0548.JPG
DSCF0544.JPG