new member from wny

/ new member from wny #1  

NYDan

Tractor
kubota bx1500
Hello all, I currently own a kubota bx 1500 with 54"mmm. Looking to upgrade to either a bigger bx or a deere 1025r. Mainly going to be used as a mower for about 4 acres, but snow removal, brush hogging, and disc/tilling a 1 acre foodplot are also going to be necessary. Can't wait to get all the info from you guys. Thanks.

/ new member from wny #2  
Welcome lots of good info here!!!!!!!!!

/ new member from wny #7  
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to the buying, pricing and comparisons section. You should get lots of answers there. :)

/ new member from wny #8  
You are in a good location to get a number of different options from some good dealers near you. I wouldn't limit your search to just Kubota and Deere. Start by expanding your search to Yanmar, who made Deere compacts for years, then check out Massey Ferguson and Mahindra who both have nice options in the size you are looking for.

/ new member from wny #9  
Although we are both Deere guys for tractors, my father and I have each had good experiences with your local Batavia Mahindra dealer with other equipment. I would certainly check them out and expand your search to include that brand. Having a good local dealer is a very important part of the tractor owning process. 10 years ago, when I bought my last Deere CUT, you could still get one with an American-made engine in their largest "4X20" series. My understanding now is that is no longer the case, since Tier-4 diesel regs went into effect. If that is the case when I need my next CUT, I will expand my own tractor search to include Mahindra, and probably Kioti also. Fortunately, my American-powered Deere is still going strong and shows no signs of needing replacement anytime soon.

/ new member from wny #10  
Hello all, I currently own a kubota bx 1500 with 54"mmm. Looking to upgrade to either a bigger bx or a deere 1025r. Mainly going to be used as a mower for about 4 acres, but snow removal, brush hogging, and disc/tilling a 1 acre foodplot are also going to be necessary. Can't wait to get all the info from you guys. Thanks.

Nydan,

You'll get lots of opinions for units that essentially offer similar things but with different color paint.

I'll mention a couple things to consider that are unusual.

1. Massey GC1715 subcompact.

2. 5 year warranty . . and its a national warranty.

3. A unique mid mount mower deck . . a TRUE mulching deck with 6 blades and no exhaust port or chute. It cuts grass without clogging and does not need a plug. Its a no compromise mulching capability like no others i know of. Unit is chambeted and setup for great stripping and no raking or grass collecting. And a 54 inch deck is a total of 55 inches wide so you get tighter cutting ability but no grass and branches are sent atbthe house or neighbors or pets.

4. Forward engine cooling to keep the engine compartment cleaner andvthe operator cleaner and cooler because hit dirty air isn't pulled thru the engine compartment from the front .
Its pushed forward from the rear.

5. Great handling on slopes and sidehills . . . And its hydro cooling fan is better protected and less expensive tp maintenance than most.

6. Its seating position allows better space to levers and foot controls. In other words more comfort and more room for size or stiff knees or ankles or heavier clothesvor boots plus a flat flat flat uncluttered floor.

I didn't mention engine power or fel lift or the quality of seat and smooth ride. And pricing and NUMBER of financing options are more than 4 and less than 7 choices.