good deal or not

/ good deal or not #1  

coryip

Tractor
deere 4200 hst
i have an opportunity to get a 2001 JD 4200 HST with about 200hrs, JD 420 loader, Bush Hog 5'BB, Bush Hog rotary cutter, and a Woods finish mower for 12K. tractor looks to be taken care of and in good shape. should i keep shopping or consider this CUT. Also what backhoes would work on this tractor, are the JD 47,48 the only ones and how much should i expect to pay for these or any other BH that would work.
THANKS

/ good deal or not #2  
RUN, and snap this deal up. I assume it's a MFWD model, and a comparable new 4210 with 420 FEL would set you back at least $16,500. The other implements are icing on the cake, and 200 hours is barely broken in. The only JD BH I know of that would fit is the 47, and you would need the rear hydraulics for it. A new one would run you something like $5500, I am sure there are other brands that would fit but can't advise you which ones.

/ good deal or not #3  
That is a SUPER deal. Woods makes a full frame backhoe that will fit. I just got a quote for one to fit my 26HP Cub (comparable to the 4200) for $6200 installed with trucking. I don't know what the JD backhoes cost, but you may be better off to stay with the same color on something like that.

/ good deal or not #4  
That is a super deal.

If you are just wondering about the hoe, both suggestions are dead on. If you are going to buy this FOR a hoe, you MIGHT want to check around. You will pay a premium for a hoe by itself. So you could save about $1000 getting one on a new machine. Plus the new 4210 has been beefed up in the hydraulics and has the eHydro transmission.

So, $12K for the 4200/420 + $6K for a 47 is $18K. Plus those gravy attachments are included.

A super deal on new would be ~$21K, no gravy attachments. Is $3K worth it for new warranty, eHydro, and beefed up hydraulics? (and No free tools) You decide... (Could go either way...)

The 48 isn't listed as an option for the 4200/4210. The 43x0 is where that starts. I don't know but that it wouldn't work on a NEW 4210 with the new hydro pump.

/ good deal or not #5  
If it is on ebay be carefull. There have been many frauds lately.

/ good deal or not
no its a local deal, and it looks like i will get it for $11800.

/ good deal or not #7  
Say, Uh Coryip where did you say that deal is? Wait while I hook up my trailer erh... whooosh I'm off ...Enjoy.., that's a bargain that every time you use it your face will hurt because of the perpetual smile ,,Mandantory of course when anyone gets a tractor but when you get THE DEAL!! well that's icing on the cake /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif