Kubota L285

/ Kubota L285 #1  

keno

Hello and I'm trying here cuz nobody answered me on the kubota section....I found I Kubota L 285 with a loader and box scaper and hoe for $8,500 on the coat in northern Calif.....don't know the hours but it is from 1978 and that kinda scares me.....what are your thought on this one .....loking for some imput on the price etc.......thanks in advance ken

/ Kubota L285 #2  
Ken, I suspect the reason you didn't get any prompt responses is because that tractor is old enough that it's value could be almost anything; high to low, just depending on the condition. You say the age kinda scares you. Well, I know a lot of people using tractors a lot older than that, so the age wouldn't concern me. But without knowing how many hours are on it, what kind of maintenance and/or repairs it's had, whether it's been sitting out in the weather or stored inside, what it looks like, how much wear on the pins at the joints in the backhoe and loader, how easy does it start, both hot and cold, whether it runs OK, etc. I don't know how anyone can help you. I'm assuming it's an L285F which was 2WD instead of 4WD which would be worth a little more. I'm sure many of our members would be glad to help you, but don't know whether we can or not. Is it an individual trying to sell it? Or a dealer? If a dealer, has he serviced it? Do you know a tractor mechanic you trust that you can get to check it out?

/ Kubota L285
thanks Bird.....I am just now finding out all the information and will be putting it all together some time soon I just wanted to get a general feel and I think that you did that for me and thanks.....I would think that the hoe is worht 2-3 and the loader 2 more or less so that leaves 3 and a half for the tractor ...It is 2 wheel drive. That doesn't seem like that much if one looks at it that way....or am I just kiding myself?....anyway I put some more info in when I get it ...ken

/ Kubota L285 #4  
I agree, Ken, it sounds like a good price if it's in decent condition.