Buying Advice Which Kubota is right for me?

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #1  

mr2143

Tractor
None
Long time lurker on the site. I've tried to do as much research as I could but need some advice. We're on 4 acres- 1.5 acres grass, the rest wooded. My wife finally approved the purchase of a tractor. I've always had my heart set on a Kubota, so that's what I've been researching the most. Primary use would be mowing the lawn in the summer and plowing our 600 feet, hilly unpaved driveway in the winter. Other things I foresee using the tractor for are spreading mulch, plowing our 1,500 sq ft. garden, post hole digging for fencing livestock and berry bushes, planting trees and shrubs, regrading stone after the winter and rainstorms cause havoc on our driveway, stump digging, etc. I was initially looking at a BX25, but now I'm worried the BX series is just a bit too small than something higher like the B series tractor. I know the BX has been cited for better mowing for residential but the B series seems to beat it in most other categories. Any thoughts related to what I'll be using it for? Thank you in advance for the feedback.

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #2  
I was in a similar dilemma. In Dec2015. I finally went with a L3301. And never looked back. Some guys here have the 3901 which I don't use the extra HP and some have the 2501 but I caught a good deal on a 3301 vs a 2501 and went big.
I wanted a real tractor. That meant some weight for balance as I live in a hill. I don't do pasture or farming. I drag logs, dig up stumps, move a million rocks big and small, box blade my driveway, and just generally drink beer and screw off.

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #3  
I was in a similar dilemma. In Dec2015. I finally went with a L3301. And never looked back. Some guys here have the 3901 which I don't use the extra HP and some have the 2501 but I caught a good deal on a 3301 vs a 2501 and went big.
I wanted a real tractor. That meant some weight for balance as I live in a hill. I don't do pasture or farming. I drag logs, dig up stumps, move a million rocks big and small, box blade my driveway, and just generally drink beer and screw off.

I don't do pasture or farming. I drag logs, dig up stumps, move a million rocks big and small, box blade my driveway, and just generally drink beer and screw off.

Should have bought a Kioti...Mine came with a stereo and three cupholders.:laughing:
Nothing better than listening to 80s Hair bands, while tearing stuff up:thumbsup:

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #4  
Anything bigger than a B would be a waste of money for your needs. Money that could be spent on implements. And make it harder on your lawn. Both the B and BX are great tractors. BX would do everything you stated you need to do and fit your yard well.
I went with a B, if you search my threads you will see pics of the bush roads I built and maintain, so it was a better fit for me while still being excellent to mow the lawn. I have R4 tires and mow my sandy loam lawn with the loader on and it does no damage.
I mow 2 acres, snow blow a 300 foot driveway with a parking spot and turn-around for my dump and tractor-trailer, build roads, move and stockpile gravel and loam, firewood and run a BXM32 chipper/shredder.
And my neighbor that bought a new BX commented that my B2620 runs smother and quieter than his.
I also like that on the B's you can change the fan belt without removing a driveshaft.

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #5  
Should have bought a Kioti...Mine came with a stereo and three cupholders.:laughing: Nothing better than listening to 80s Hair bands, while tearing stuff up:thumbsup:
And your cab alone probably cost 1/2 as much as he plans on spending. 👎

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #6  
And your cab alone probably cost 1/2 as much as he plans on spending. ��

My quote ,was a jest/joke to lennyzx1l, about drinking beer and tearing up stumps, really nothing to do with the OP..... But since you brought it up, my factory cab cost me a additional 5500 dollars over the price of the tractor with free loader...well worth it.

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #7  
And your cab alone probably cost 1/2 as much as he plans on spending. ��

Your problem with your kubota fleet is you never priced Kioti.....I would have had to spend an additional 12 to 13 thousand dollars on a Kubota, for a tractor that still would not lift as much.
Kubota makes a very nice tractor...so does Kioti...buy what makes you feel good;)

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #8  
Your problem with your kubota fleet is you never priced Kioti.....I would have had to spend an additional 12 to 13 thousand dollars on a Kubota, for a tractor that still would not lift as much. Kubota makes a very nice tractor...so does Kioti...buy what makes you feel good;)
I have never priced a new tractor from either. I have about $24,000 in all of the listed Kubota equipment plus about $5,000 for the backhoe and necessary stuff to use it. Based on my limited experience Kioti makes a good tractor, but the Kubota L Grand HST transmission is far superior.

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #9  
I have never priced a new tractor from either. I have about $24,000 in all of the listed Kubota equipment plus about $5,000 for the backhoe and necessary stuff to use it.

Nothing wrong with that.:)

/ Which Kubota is right for me? #10