Looking at a Takeuchi TB800 mini excavator

/ Looking at a Takeuchi TB800 mini excavator #1  

tjthomps5629

Tractor
2014 Yanmar LX4900, 1949 Allis Chalmers WD, 1967 Case 310G, Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT
I have been looking for Mini Ex for a while and recently came across a Takeuchi TB800. Looks like a late 80's model. 3 cyl yanmar engine. Overall in good condition. The hour meter has been replaced and say 1100. I'm sure it is much higher than that.

Anyone have one or know what a decent price for it would be? All I have been able to find online is this sales PDF: http://www.takeuchi-us.com/downloads/TB800.pdf

/ Looking at a Takeuchi TB800 mini excavator #2  
I glanced at that briefly on Craigslist. It's a "large" looking machine but at 4400 lbs quite light, unknown hours. Some parts are still available but very expensive. For that kind of money I would put a nice subframe backhoe on your LX4900 and know it's in warranty and you can get parts for it.

/ Looking at a Takeuchi TB800 mini excavator #3  
Not a whole lot of power to the machine but depending on what you need to do it could be fine. A lot depends on the price and how much hassle you are willing to risk....
May want to check with some local dealers to see how hard it will be for you to find parts.

/ Looking at a Takeuchi TB800 mini excavator
My LX4900 can't go where I need the hoe. I am primarily looking for something to do a little ditching with. The two times I have tried my LX4900 with a single bottom plow, I ended up having to get my 310 to pull it out. I need something on tracks and reasonably light for the swampy part of our land. Parts is my big worry, not so much for the engine but the rest of the machine.