Woods or Kioti backhoe?

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
Looking for a backhoe for my Kioti. The Woods specs out a bit better, but it's a bit more money than the Kioti I think (I only have one quote on the Woods)

Opinions either way?

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe? #2  
I am having the same dilemma.... Kioti bh is $10,005.oo and the woods is around $11,500.oo. I think I would like to keep my Kioti ALL Kioti. As soon as I find the money I will be getting the Kioti bh.

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe?
I have no such desire if the Woods is appreciably better than the Kioti, I'd rather have the better product. None of the Kioti dealers have the hoes around here so you can't operate anything before you buy, which is somewhat bothersome.

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe? #4  
Check up in Michigan, think the Monroe area -there is a dealer there - Roseland or something like that. They have some GREAT prices on the Woods backhoes and have been mentioned several times on various boards. When I checked on the 90 series Woods hoe for my Kubota it came out around $9400 with subframe shipped to me. Good luck!

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe? #5  
Depending on your use or should I say how hard you will use the hoe. The cost of a used machine with a hoe already on it could be an option. Recently a friend asked me about getting a backhoe for his tractor and told me the prices he was looking at for new. Now I cant remember exactly but I know it was a lot more than I paid for the hoe on my Kioti when I purchased it. SO Knowing he wasn't going to be digging to china and really only wanted to do some extended landscaping projects I suggested he look for a complete machine with a frame mounted Hoe already on it. At first he was skeptical but we went and looked at some used machines and he came home with a Nice older ford with a hoe and loader for less than half of what the new one cost..

/ Woods or Kioti backhoe? #6  
I have no problems with the quality of either hoe. With respect to specs, don't be too
concerned about that either, since you may not be comparing apples-to-apples. The
test conditions may not match in terms of pressure.

Either hoe should handle the 2500psi that you have with a CK27/30/35.

My biggest concern would be the subframe. Kioti has improved their subframe
for the CKs with their 2475 series. Woods makes decent subframes, but some
of them stick very far out back, which is a disadvantage.

I would prefer the one with the subframe that ties the hoe closer in to the
rear of the tractor. I suspect that is the Kioti unit.

Well, that made the choice easy... Woods does not have a subframe for the NX.

Well, that made it easy.

Woods doesn't have a subframe for the NX-series.

The price I was quoted on the Kioti today is $2,000 less than when I got one in December.

Only issue is the subframes are not available until mid-June.