Buying Advice Opinions on Gator model for 10 Acres

/ Opinions on Gator model for 10 Acres #21  
Coralhead:
I think we are discussing apples and oranges here. What model Gators are you talking about? Our HPX has two double-acting hydraulic cylinders for the dump-there's no aluminum housing or gears that I can see associated with the lift.

The Gator 4 x 2. Not the newer models. The original post only said John Deere Gator so that was what I was referring to in my comment. They are the single electric actuator on the older gators.

/ Opinions on Gator model for 10 Acres #22  
I'm a diesel fan, so I have the 855D...diesel version of the 825i.
If you want a working machine, can't beat the Gator 825i and 855D.
Definitely get the power steering (which comes on most of them) and, if you think you need it, the power dump.

I used my Gator for clearing snows up to 6"-8". I have no need for a cab, but a windshield is definitely a worthwhile addition. The necessity of a cab is dependent upon your tolerance of the cold as well as your budget

Gator with Plow 2013-10-28011.jpg

BTW, if you do want to plow, and you use a winch for lifting...replace the cable with a boat trailer strap. You'll get much more life out of the strap.

/ Opinions on Gator model for 10 Acres #23  
We have been using the JD GATOR 825i FOR 3 YEARS. We run the gas model because it has more hp and can pull our 9 foot groomer when we put tracks on on the winter. In the summer months they work hard too and haul rock, wood, and tools to our jobs in the woods. We like the light foot print and power compared to the Minotaur. We ran a Kunitz rt 900 for 2 years prior to the gator

/ Opinions on Gator model for 10 Acres #24  
We have 10'acres mostly wooded and have a gator 825 s4 love it. I am also tall and checked all the brands for leg room and found the gator to be best. Kubota was just too tight. Also went with the s4 since there always and extra person or two who want a ride. The plus is you get more storage space when you're running solo. The clearance height of the 825 is major for running around in the woods. Dump bed is awesome. No issues for us