MF 165 Value

/ MF 165 Value #1  

JBjunior

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35 TLB/Mahindra 3016
Looking at a MF 165 with around 7500 hours. Perkins diesel. Checked the two weep holes and no issues there. Pto looked good. Doesn't have the extra gear change stick on the left of the steering wheel that can cause issues. New clutch. Needs a right front tire. What is a good price? They are asking 5500 and I will probably have to pay sales tax.

/ MF 165 Value #5  
Has the engine been rebuilt? If not I would say the price is too high for those hours.

/ MF 165 Value
I don't think it has. The hours are what made me question the deal. Everything is clean, but once I saw the hour meter it made me question the value.

/ MF 165 Value #7  
I'm no authority on these tractors, with no loader, in good shape, for occasional use ,with 7500 hours i'd pay 2500 to 3k if it was really nice, and I did not need or want a loader.

/ MF 165 Value #8  
Agree it is likely overpriced. What type of use did it have, that would make a difference. 7500 hours of field work is a whole lot different than 7500 hrs of utility work. Not sure a non loader could put on 7500 utility hours though.

/ MF 165 Value #9  
Looking at a MF 165 with around 7500 hours. Perkins diesel. Checked the two weep holes and no issues there. Pto looked good. Doesn't have the extra gear change stick on the left of the steering wheel that can cause issues. New clutch. Needs a right front tire. What is a good price? They are asking 5500 and I will probably have to pay sales tax.

Negotiate. That's a lot of hours, even on a Perkins. Offer $3.5K and see what happens. I paid $3600 for a 1964 MF135 diesel with multipower in 2006 showing 4600 hours. I wouldn't pay more than $4500 for that 165.

Good luck

/ MF 165 Value
Negotiate. That's a lot of hours, even on a Perkins. Offer $3.5K and see what happens. I paid $3600 for a 1964 MF135 diesel with multipower in 2006 showing 4600 hours. I wouldn't pay more than $4500 for that 165.

Good luck

Thank you to everyone for the replies. I did try to negotiate, the tractor is on consignment and he wouldn't budge due to the price the guy wanted and the work he already put in to it.

I am going to look at an '89 240 today. Unknown hours, current owner has had it for 10 years. Light farm work. What would be a fair price assuming no leaks and everything works as it should? The only issue he mentioned was an occasional/in-frequent starter issue. I guess it could be starter or it could be flywheel. It has "wet lines" ran for auxiliary stuff but yet again, no loader.