new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #11  
Yea, I noticed an unusually large number of them also, including trucks for sale. I also noticed that they all want you to respond to an email address usually comprised of some female name or variation with an @gmail.com ending in the listing. My guess is they are all coming from the same person or group of persons working together.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #12  
If you google that email address, it shows scam ads all over the country. :eek:

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #13  
This is my new rainy day hobby, finding and flagging these craigslist scammers. I have the time, and the interest, and it feels so good to hose up their ugly scam before it gets started

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #14  
What do you thing of the idea to respond to this person and drag them out. We could outbid each other, ask them to deliver for an extra fee, say your email is broken can they send a real (traceable) email, then pounce on them with and expired credit card or something like that. It could be a lot of fun. Maybe even post copycat ads with prices lower that the scammers are asking and with a better sob story ("My husband killed himself with this machine so I want it off my farm. First $100 takes all (tractor, cab, loader, 150 mW pto generator, 20' brush hog, baler, corn shopper, 5000 gpm trash pump, extra tires, toolbox full of money, trailer and new Ford F150 to pull it all away."
Whew, that's a deal, even in Nigeria.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #15  
I love this forum. I saw one of these ads this morning and emailed them. It was for a 2003 B21 and I've been wanting a backhoe and I thought maybe it was just a good deal. After I sent the email I realized there were a ton of other similar ads with similar prices. I got this in response to my email

"Hi,

My name is Christine, happy to see you are interested in my 2003 Kubota B21.
This Tractor is powered by a 21hp Kubota Engine, and has a 3 speed Hydrostatic Transmission. It runs PERFECT in EVERY way,
and everything on it functions EXACTLY as it should. I've have to say that I am VERY IMPRESSED by the power this machine has,
and I KNOW you will be as well! The front bucket hydraulics as well as the backhoe will pick this machine up in the air with NO PROBLEM at all. The backhoe is VERY tight, and the pins are Excellent with no slop. Firm price $1500!

If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys and a buy-sell contract already signed by me. I have a low price because I want to sell the Tractor very quickly.

I will also need to know if you require a loan ? Or the funds are available ?
If you are really interested in purchasing the tractor please contact me asap.

Regards,
Christine Russel

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:48 AM, David wrote:
https://toledo.craigslist.org/grd/5591866440.html

How many hours are on the tractor?
And where is it located?
And why are you selling it?

Thanks,
David"

Along with two attachments that I'm at least smart enough to not open.

It seemed sketchy so I hopped on here and found this thread.

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately this means I'll probably never realize my dream of a second tractor with a backhoe...

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #16  
If there is an ad that looks like a scam, copy all or part of the title and do a search on it.

If it is a scam, it will show up in several cities.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force
If there is an ad that looks like a scam, copy all or part of the title and do a search on it.

If it is a scam, it will show up in several cities.
Or google the email address. I was surprised, most all of them before had aol addresses.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #18  
I saw at least 10 of them this morning - boats, tractors, ATVs. The price listed always seems to be in the $2000 to $3000 range. It's pretty amusing except when you think that some unsuspecting person is possibly being swindled. CL low-lifes suck.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force #19  
I love this forum. I saw one of these ads this morning and emailed them. It was for a 2003 B21 and I've been wanting a backhoe and I thought maybe it was just a good deal. After I sent the email I realized there were a ton of other similar ads with similar prices. I got this in response to my email

Along with two attachments that I'm at least smart enough to not open.
That may be the end purpose - to get you to open those email attachments and infect your computer. There are a lot of virus and ransom ware emails going around now. On the business side I have seen a major up tick in the emails with an attachment stating here is the invoice, report, statement, etc you requested. Opening the attachment gives them a hook in to your computer so they can go after your money.

/ new buyers Beware Craigs List ads, the scammers are out in force
That may be the end purpose - to get you to open those email attachments and infect your computer. There are a lot of virus and ransom ware emails going around now. On the business side I have seen a major up tick in the emails with an attachment stating here is the invoice, report, statement, etc you requested. Opening the attachment gives them a hook in to your computer so they can go after your money.

I treat emails from unknown persons/organizations like I treat calls from unknown/unanticipated callers and junk mail IGNORE (well except sometimes I use junk mail for fire). It used to drive SWMBO crazy when I let the phone ring.