Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market?

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #1  

WesternMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
New member here, great forum! I've been browsing over the last few months as I've been shopping for a new smallish tractor.

I've kind of narrowed it down to a Kioti NX series and I've got what I believe is a very good price on a NX5510HC but I'm a little concerned about Kioti and their long term viability in the US market. One of the things that really makes me wonder is that more than one of the dealers that I've been looking at still have 2014 models in stock and here we are, approaching the 2017 model year.

Is this something to be concerned about or is this fairly normal in the tractor world? I'm not concerned so much about being able to fix a broken down machine in the future, my main concern is what would happen regarding resale value should Kioti sudden pull the plug on operations in the US. For those who plan to buy a tractor and run it forever, resale value isn't much of a concern. I tend to shop hard, buy right and re-sell things while they are still relatively new so for me resale value in relation to purchase price is very important.

(as one might expect, both the John Deere dealer and Kubota dealer that I talked to indicated the same, that resale value would be very poor if I chose to go with a Kioti)

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #2  
Personally, I think Kioti is following a similar track to Kubota, when I got my first Kubota, it was considered an oddity for someone who couldn't afford a good quality tractor. Over time better dealers came along and with exposure people began changing their opinion and now they are everywhere. I wouldn't be concerned if you can find a good dealer, we don't have one around here right now so my brother drove over here and loves his: Little Tractor & Equipment Metropolis, IL (866) 885-1495

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #3  
It's possible the dealer stocked up on 2014 models if they were Tier 4 Interim emissions. They are more desirable (in most cases) than newer models that had to satisfy Tier 4 Final.

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #4  
I thought the same when I looked at Kioti 15 years ago but they are stronger than ever. They are a great tractor at a great price. I would not worry. They are growing all the time.

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #5  
Well, if you really want to buy and sell soon, you will take a bath on all of them. Maybe a bit "value" that will hold up $ at resale for the green and orange, but not much more as you are paying more upfront for those brands. Now if you are keeping 4-5 yrs, then from what I've seen, it doesn't matter brand.

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #6  
Used Kioti tractors are hard to find. Why? Because they are good tractors and people keep them.There is always some churn, with people trading in for larger models etc, but this "dealer myth" of Kioti's don't hold their value seems to be crap. They hold their value just like other tractors. Do they have the market penetration of some of the other longer established brands? Of course not, but they are growing and expanding their lines. Another expanding brand is LS. Which is another Korean brand that has increased market share recently. If a Kioti fits you, and fits your budget, I would have no fear of buying it for the long haul. I did.:)

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #7  
Resale value isn't and wasn't one of my concerns going in but truth be known Kioti hold its value very well.

I make it a point not to listen to or deal with any dealership that talks down about an other brand.

I have seen old stock on every lot from every manufacture. Look at the serial numbers on all their tractors and sure enough you will find something that was built a year or two ago and for some reason didn't sell. Most salesman wont point it out or tell you because with some simple wording its still considered new.

I would be curious to know if any of those 2014 models would be a DK40 cab as I am interested in finding one new as I want a cab and am perfectly happy with my DK otherwise.

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #8  
I think that resale value depends on several factors, brand being just one. If your tractor is a desired size, with desired features, and priced competitively, it likely will hold its value. Stray from those three criteria, and you then will need to get lucky to connect with a new buyer at your desired price. Kioti doesn't seem to be in any danger of disappearing- seems like they have room to grow, since they offer pretty nice tractors at fair pricing. Checking used tractor listings usually turns up 10 Kubotas for every Kioti, which means there are more Kubotas, but beyond that, ? I was able to quickly sell our two used Kubotas, for what I wanted, but they likely fit my three criteria.
In any event, you probably aren't in any danger of losing big bucks, if you buy it right!

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market? #9  
Personally, I think Kioti is following a similar track to Kubota, when I got my first Kubota, it was considered an oddity for someone who couldn't afford a good quality tractor. Over time better dealers came along and with exposure people began changing their opinion and now they are everywhere. I wouldn't be concerned if you can find a good dealer, we don't have one around here right now so my brother drove over here and loves his: Little Tractor & Equipment Metropolis, IL (866) 885-1495

Agree TripleR. I bought my first tractor last year from Little Tractor. It is a Kioti CK27, 28 hp HST. Jim Little gave me a great deal as it was a 2013 with 190 hrs. Kioti has been around a long time as they made parts for Kubota years ago.....hence their color of orange also!

/ Opinions on Kioti's long term stability/viability in the US market?
I would be curious to know if any of those 2014 models would be a DK40 cab as I am interested in finding one new as I want a cab and am perfectly happy with my DK otherwise.

None of them were DK40's. I've called quite a few dealers and asked if they had any DK's leftover and none of them did.