Buying Advice Any good beginners books?

/ Any good beginners books? #2  
Google LSU compact tractors for some basic (and free!!) info.

Steve

/ Any good beginners books?
Cool thnx! I was already reading the pdf from them about implements and didn't realize they also had one about the tractors.

/ Any good beginners books? #4  
I'm trying to orientate myself in compact tracktors before I buy one. I would love to do this by reading a good book. Unfortunately I can't seem to buy TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractor Buying & Basics anymore which looks perfect for this.

Anybody knows a good alternative?

Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I've been working on a beginner's guide to compact tractors off and on for a while. I got a number of folks here to review it, along with some new folks, and so far people seem to like it. Ultimately I plan to add pictures, etc, but for now it's only text and covers the basics with essentially zero brand discussion involved.

/ Any good beginners books? #5  
Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I've been working on a beginner's guide to compact tractors off and on for a while. I got a number of folks here to review it, along with some new folks, and so far people seem to like it. Ultimately I plan to add pictures, etc, but for now it's only text and covers the basics with essentially zero brand discussion involved.

That is a worthwhile endeavor Gman. Would like to see it when ready.

/ Any good beginners books? #6  
Dear Xeno,

I hope you and or the community feels like I am out of line. But what I found was the web, and reading and asking a lot of questions.
I did go to http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forum.php and I found that all of these and here are willing to help. But the ? have to be pointed with purpose and intent. So with that in mind explain your task and ask for a solution. e.g. I need to post hole 400 acres what do I need? The rocks that need to be moved are 3x4 ft. what will I need? What in a 3 point hitch should I look for?

I hope I helped, sorry if I stepped on any toes.

/ Any good beginners books? #7  
That is a worthwhile endeavor Gman. Would like to see it when ready.

+1. Don't want to rush it, but I'm looking forward to the cake when it's baked. :licking: