Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

across parts of the U.S. there are tractor prospects looking to find new shiny Cabela's tractors still available for purchase on final clearance. I like Cabelas as a business and believe they are a good company.

Myself . . I own a Massey gc1715 . . but many looking for a new tractor and a deal have been buying Cabela's tractors as they are in closeout across their many stores in the chain.

I'm not starting this thread to debate the quality of or benefits of the TYM tractor that is/was made for Cabela's. My sole purpise is this . . if you are stopping at a Cabela's this Memorial Day werkend or following week anyway . . Stop over by the tractor area and see if they have any left there at that store . . then report it here so those still looking for the close out new tractors can know where they are located . That's it lol

I was at the Prairie Du Chien location in Wisconsin last night 5-27-16.

I saw multiple quanity LM45 tractors and LM36 tractors there on display.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #2  
Well, I got mine from Allen TX Cabela's. They were out of the LM55's there, & had to ship one in from AR.
Don't know about the smaller ones.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #3  
Try the Kansas City Cabela's web site. They have a list and will give quotes.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #4  
Well, I expect the lm55 goldencitymuse got was one of the last two in the Rogers AR store. They had one lm25 and a lm45 recently. They are slowly moving off the lot, but one thing that I noticed was that they have added stuff to the base tractor and moved the price up.... The lm25 is at least $1500 more than what I paid for tractor and then the mower together. And when I bought mine, it was the only one they had.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock.
Well, I expect the lm55 goldencitymuse got was one of the last two in the Rogers AR store. They had one lm25 and a lm45 recently. They are slowly moving off the lot, but one thing that I noticed was that they have added stuff to the base tractor and moved the price up.... The lm25 is at least $1500 more than what I paid for tractor and then the mower together. And when I bought mine, it was the only one they had.

Like many clearance situatios, I imagine he deals fluctuate from store to store based on the mix of inventory.. Those looking to purchase now may find units with accessory implemnts are part of the tractor deals because what store wants a tiller with no tractors? A mmm is likely an easier implement sale than a tiller or rear blade or rear snowblower.

I noted all of the tractors I saw standing outside in Prairie du Chien WI all had front loaders and most had roof unit (not cabs). I didn't go into the back area where there may have been more implements.

But Prairie had 5 or 6 tractors out front at minimum so the pressure to eliminate implements is less compared to a store with only one tractor to sell. I assume no store manager wants to transfer inventory if it can sell it locally - even at a further negotiated discount on an implement.

Prairie du Chien is also one of the 5 distribution centers for Cabelas . . si it makes sense they might have more inventory there (I don't know which other 4 stores in the chain are full distribution centers).

In the Eastern MN and Western WI area we are blessed with a fairly high concentration of Cabela's store that were Land Management rated 2 near Minneapolis and also Owatonna MN plus Prairie WI . . so in this close in area its likely someone could find some good selection an pricing yet as supply reduces. And because they are gathered near . . probably a decent combination of implement choices as well as discounts.

Handloader, as recall . . didn't you get a very unusual deal because you bought your tractor right before the clearance process began . . so you got like a double discount on implments ?

I neither own or am in the market for a new tractor because I bought my Massey last year and have been highly pleased with it. But I know that Cabela's has their company wide discounts on tractor inventory . . but each store manager also has the ability if needed to lose even more money on a sale which he/she has to makeup for in some other area. (yes . . any further discounting the manager has to take responsibility for).

Should be some attractive deals out there for those seeking a Cabela's/TYM new tractor and implements.

Does anyone know (other than warranty and paint color) . . what are the differences between the Cabela's tractors which were specially designed . . compared to the similar TYM units? I assume parts are the same . . But was told Cabela's had insisted on some improved features or design benefits or specs ?

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #6  
TYM builds several tractors for Mahindra too. Mahindra uses different motors than tym but aside from the motors and minor cosmetic differences that's it.

I own a TYM and would definitely recommend them as a good solid tractor. The TYM branded version compared to the non tym branded tractors seems to have a lot more extra features and usually a cheaper price.

As always, make sure you buy from a established dealer. TYM downfall is their dealer network. They were letting any fly by night operation sell their tractors and that damaged their reputation big time. They seem to have weeded out most of the shady dealers and from what I have seen recently (within the last two years) the feedback and reviews have all been positive. I've seen several cases where TYM went above and beyond what their warranty is suppose to cover to keep the customer happy.

To the OP we have a Cabelas here I'll see about making a trip over there to check out what they got. About 9 months ago they didn't have tractors in stock but who knows now.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #7  
Yeah, I bought mine when it was year end clearance price, just a few days before the announcement of them closing the line out. Got decent price on tractor and fel. Bought the belly mower at about 65% off of the list. Bought the 52" tiller at about 25% off. (last one in Stock, didn't want to miss it) I did fine from my point of view, ended up getting points back on these purchases which gave me about $325 to spend on other things... That was a bonus I wasn't expecting.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #8  
I got an OK deal on my LM55, but not as good as some of the others have mentioned.
Probably because there were none left at the Allen, TX store. I could have dealt directly w/ the AR store, but the shipping would have most likely been more, as I am in NM.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock.
I got an OK deal on my LM55, but not as good as some of the others have mentioned.
Probably because there were none left at the Allen, TX store. I could have dealt directly w/ the AR store, but the shipping would have most likely been more, as I am in NM.

I might have tried a "shipping transfer". It might take 3 to 4 weeks but one store gets rid of a unit and drops their "carry cost" and the other store makes a small profit but with no carry costs at all. Each store comes out ahead as does the customer . . But you would have to work the deal as "a push" from the inventory store rather than "a pull" tranaction from the selling store. Just a thought.

/ Help fllocating brand new Cabela's tractors still in stock. #10  
I just stopped at the Cabela's in Ft. Worth yesterday. They had (1) LM45 cab, (3) LM45 open, (1) LM25 w/ belly mower