Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck?

/ Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck? #1  

gogojuice

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
I have a simplicity regent.

I absolutely love the cut. Way better than my kubota, or my friends JD. However.. that model it built like a twig.
Cut is great.. construction...soso..

Which brings me to asking everyone if there is a ztr with a free floating deck.
I know simplicity / ferris have ztr.. but I didn't see the free floating deck part. Perhaps it doesn't matter?

Looking forward to your opinions. Or if you could recommend a ZTR say 54-60 inch deck (mulch) that has a great cut and is built strong.

Cheers

/ Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck? #2  
Bob-cat might be, it's kind of hard to tell on their website. The walk behind says it is free float like their zero turns but I don't specifically see it mentioned on the zero turn specs.
http://www.bobcatturf.com/

/ Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck? #3  
My yard is full of rolling curves, dips, and humps and a few hills. When I tested ZTR mowers, they all had issues with scalping due to their similar design. Then I tried a front mount Grasshopper after reading reviews on here by Dargo. He called them billy goats because of how they can climb hills with the bar tires, and he was right. The deck on the GH's pivots up and down, front to back. Plus they offer 2 types of deck nylon bushings, one of those allows the deck to also float left to right. I mow 6 acres or so of lawn, and sometimes I use it like a brush hog in other heavy areas. They are heavy duty but they provide an excellent cut on my tall fescue lawn.

/ Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck? #5  
I have a simplicity regent.

I absolutely love the cut. Way better than my kubota, or my friends JD. However.. that model it built like a twig.
Cut is great.. construction...soso..

Which brings me to asking everyone if there is a ztr with a free floating deck.
I know simplicity / ferris have ztr.. but I didn't see the free floating deck part. Perhaps it doesn't matter?

Looking forward to your opinions. Or if you could recommend a ZTR say 54-60 inch deck (mulch) that has a great cut and is built strong.

Cheers
I suppose you could call any mower deck that is hung by a chain to be free floating. My Ferris mower(IS700Z) is chain hung. I don't know what it would mow like if allowed to "float" since by pinning it at 2" it really cuts too low for my needs. Any lower and it would be scalping the lawn, not good for the grass to cut it that low unless you are getting rains every day or two.

/ Is there a Zero Turn with a free floating deck? #6  
Go with a smaller chain hung deck. If your yard has a lot of different levels, so will your cut.