Why so much titan attachments hate?

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #61  
Me, too! I'm very happy with my Titan purchase of a manlift.
It's exactly what I ordered.
The fit and finish are exactly what I what I would expect from a manufacturing outlet selling lower cost but still viable & safe equipment.

BTW, I called Travis at ETA and they offered nothing of this nature.
Citing safety issues.
Shrug...Ok, but I wanted to buy American.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #62  
I was looking for a flail mower and came across this. Titan Flail Mower 72" 3 Point PTO Tractor Attachment Heavy Duty Cutting EFGC185. Has anyone tried or heard anything about?

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #63  
Here's the take away. If you purchase something from Titan, do so with the understanding BEFORE you take it out and use it, possibly bending your FEL, make sure it fits the SSQA properly. Why I would hook something to my FEL and not check it out for proper alignment, no matter who made it, is baffling.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #64  
I have a set of thier forks that I built an angle iron frame for and are are rated for 6,500 and I've bent both forks on different occasions. Frame and tractor were fine. Most I've lifted was about 5,000 pounds and nothing got bent on that lift. I thought they seemed a little light when they showed up. I remember thinking they were much narrower than others on other equipment like telehandlers.

This is the model.
48" Pin Type Over The Bucket Backhoe Loader Pallet Forks Tractor Case Deere Hook | eBay

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #65  
I have a set of thier forks that I built an angle iron frame for and are are rated for 6,500 and I've bent both forks on different occasions. Frame and tractor were fine. Most I've lifted was about 5,000 pounds and nothing got bent on that lift. I thought they seemed a little light when they showed up. I remember thinking they were much narrower than others on other equipment like telehandlers.

This is the model.
48" Pin Type Over The Bucket Backhoe Loader Pallet Forks Tractor Case Deere Hook | eBay

If thats the ones you bought, they are rated at 4000lbs per pair..

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #66  
Not sure if I posted on this thread before but I have a Tomohawk 72" Rock bucket with a single lid grapple on it. I paid about 1200.00 for it including the hoses but I had to add the couplings. For the money, I think is was a good value. I'm not 100% sure but I think Titan and Tomohawk are very similar if not the same with a different name.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #67  
For myself, I bought their bolt on BH thumb for my BX25 off amazon. Since I didn't use the BH for several months, I never even took the thumb out of the box until four months later and when I did, it was too wide to snug to the dipper. My own fault for not checking it out when I first got it so until I get someone to weld it on the dipper, it just sits in the corner.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #68  
The thread is old, the issue of quality is still relevant.

I'm very interested the 84 inch high capacity bucket: 84-in High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket

But confused by several things:
The depth/height dimensions of 49 and 40 inches, and struck capacity of 35 cu ft sound great, I want as much depth as possible.
However if I look at other buckets with smaller dimensions claiming greater capacity I am confused. For example, this 2020 HLA bucket at 39" deep and 35" high, a full 10 inches shorter supposedly, claims a struck capacity of 39.4 cu ft.

Then there's the weight and materials. Most of the buckets say they have 3/16 materials steel thickness, and 5/16 end plate thickness. Some have stouter bolt on edges, 3/4 inch thick by some inches deep. These buckets weight in the neighborhood of 715+ pounds. (Again, see the HLA bucket, or others, only Tomahawk uses thinner materials and much less weight in this high capacity arena I'm exploring).

Now back to the Titan Attachments bucket. They don't publish the steel thickness. The edge (not bolt on) is 1/2 inch, which is fine. I'm going to use this thing to haul random yard crap. But I wanted to know the thickness, and ideally other things, since the pictures on the TA bucket don't show any gussets that I can see, or bracing on the bottom, or what have you.

So I spoke with somebody there, they went off for a while to figure it out, and came back to the phone with these answers. He said the materials thickness was 3/8 inch, and the endplates are also 3/8 inch. I double checked, since that sounds very thick! I would expect, given the dimensions and capacity of the bucket, that a 3/8 inch materials steel would weigh twice what a 3/16 materials steel would weigh. However it weighs about the same as the HLA bucket. So something is off. Though the TA bucket has perferated steel at the top, and maybe that isn't 3/8 either.

So at the end of the day, TA claims twice the thickness of steel, substantially larger dimensions, and yet the same weight and less capacity than the similar HLA bucket.
What am I missing? All I can think of to explain these things is the _shape_ of the curve of the bucket, and the perferations for weight control and viewing through part of the bucket.

I've scoured the web for any customer experience with these buckets and haven't found any. Curious as to whether anybody here has experience with the TA high capacity buckets to verify what they've told me.

And of course, SSQA fit is still a concern. Once I take delivery of a 750 pound bucket, it isn't going to leave my property until I sell it or die, I expect.

Any wisdom or experience here with these buckets? I'll be using it on my tractor, LA1065 loader. Figure it's fine, but obviously these are very heavy buckets. My heavy duty regular bucket is only 400-ish pounds.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #69  
The description does say "Not recommended for digging or heavy materials". Also on backorder, but only for a few weeks.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #70  
The description does say "Not recommended for digging or heavy materials". Also on backorder, but only for a few weeks.
Lol, yes, I'm aware of that. I won't be digging or using heavy materials. Truly this capacity is for hauling compost and other things (some snow, some mulch maybe). More expensive than a tarp, less expensive than some carts, particularly if I needed an ATV to pull them (because my tractor own't fit, and I'd have to buy one). This is yard cleanup for old folks with too big a yard who want to do it themselves. However, as a 750 lb bucket, I'd like to know that it is stout against the forces that will be involved using it, that it is well made, and that the information I have on it is correct. What I mostly have are contradictions when compared to other buckets.

My current bucket is only about 9 cubic feet. Even the extra traffic from many small loads is hard on the yard. 35 cubic feet nearly 4 times that.